chapter 6 part 4

Kurai appeared in front of them.

"Back for more?" Kurai pulled out his bow, but then the Ice Crowned man showed up, his icy eyes locked onto Lianna.

"Go, now. There will be....Another time for this," He spoke harshly.

"We will see," Lianna turned and flew quickly away. She ignored Byakuya and Soi Fon's words as she dove into the shadow dome. She ran to the Head Captain, her dragon form panting from how fast she was going.

"Head Captain! War has begun between us and the undead ones! He whispered it but because I'm a dragon, I heard him!" Lianna spoke so fast in their minds they had to calm her down.

"Whoa, whoa! Slow down, and breathe. What is going on?" Soi Fon calmed down her dragon.

"Kurai said something in the dragon language, but he said it so quietly only I could hear. He said 'war has begun'!" Lianna's scales shook from how fast she was still talking. Her emotions, especially the anxiety and anger, rose.

"We will handle this. Stay here until we are sure we'll need you to join the battle. Lieutenant Renji Abarai! Go get Ichigo Kurosaki and tell him to come here," The Head Captain issued the battle orders, and waves of soul reapers exited the shadow dome to go fight. Renji did as he was told, quickly leaving and then returning with Ichigo at his side. Ichigo was told to stay with Lianna while the captain's left to join the battle.

Yelling and screaming could be heard from outside, making Lianna harder to hold back. She was un-bonded and in her normal dragon form. Ichigo did his best, and was barely able to stop her.

"Let me go!" Lianna yelled in his mind.

"No! You have to stay! You can't just go out there and get taken like last time!" Ichigo yelled back. These words made Lianna freeze, and she had horrible flashbacks.

"You don't know a THING about what happened!" Lianna shook her head, trying to shake out the memories. A black butterfly then landed on her snout, giving her a message.

"HEAD OUT TO THE BATTLE-FIELD! KURAI AND THE ICE-CROWNED MAN HAVE APPEARED!" The butterfly flew away, leaving Lianna shocked.

"Finally! Ichigo, do you want to come?" Lianna glared back at him, still annoyed he held her back.

"Oh, uh, yes I'm coming!"Ichigo scrambled onto her back, barely holding on before she flew out of the dome. She began blasting down bits of the undead army. The heat from her fire was felt by quite a few of her allies, and certainly by her enemies.

And it was true, Kurai did appear. Along with his buddy, the ice-crowned man. They both stood in the middle of the battle-field, unhurt and completely ignored.

Ice spikes began falling from the sky, impaling not only the undead army but the soul reapers of the soul society too. Some tore through Lianna's wings, but she stayed in the air. She felt the cold glare from the ice-crowned man. Kurai appeared in front of her, but Lianna quickly reacted and tore him in half. Even though he was of dragon-blood, she had no choice. The ice-crowned man didn't even look upset, he just kept his icy glare on Lianna. She turned and kept burning down his army, not noticing what he was doing.

He drew an ice spear from his small pile of large spears, holding it and watching Lianna closely. Even though she didn't notice, others certainly did. Rukia, for example, noticed this and went to try and fight him. Ichigo followed, moving Rukia out of the way. He used his bankai and began attacking the man.

"Get off me," The man spoke angrily, using the ice spear to knock over Ichigo. Lianna did notice this, and she turned towards him, flying his way.

To be continued...