chapter 2 part 5

A huge bright red arrow flew past the flurry of pink, straight up, higher and higher... It was heading towards Lianna. Ichigo pulled on Lianna's scales, moving her out of the way of the arrow. It zoomed past them, and when they looked down, another was so close it was going to be impossible to dodge. Lianna did her best to protect her riders, the arrow going through her wing, hitting her on her left side between her wing and leg. She was plummeting towards the ground, but was strong enough to recover and hover. Zenime lay most likely dead on the snow covered ground. Byakuya went over to Lianna as she landed, looking at the arrow. Ichigo hopped off, Rukia and Renji following.

"We can pull this out, can't we? If we all work together?" Rukia stared at the arrow sadly.

"Or we can break it and make it smaller, make it easier for her to fly back to the soul society for further healing," Byakuya stepped closer to the arrow, his Zanpakutō in the form of pink blades circling the group. The arrow in Lianna was still red, just not as bright. Byakuya used his shikai to try and break the arrow, but no luck. They all tried breaking it, but nothing worked. Lianna whined, unable to change back into a soul reaper. She closed her eyes, channeling her inner shadow abilities. Black shadows surrounded the part of the arrow that was sticking out, consuming it. When the shadows were blown away, the arrow was no more. But the wound was still there, out in the open. Lianna looked at the group, panting.

"Get on, I can still carry you all back," Lianna insisted, and the group had no choice but to comply. Byakuya climbed on as well, sitting in the very front. Ichigo sat next to him, taking control of Lianna since it was dangerous for them to disconnect yet. Once they were settled and holding on, Lianna lifted off.

She flew wobbly, but good enough she did get her riders back home. When they landed on Sōkyoku Hill, Lianna lowered her body and her group slid off. She laid down, almost unable to move. Ichigo stayed with her, their minds still linked. Head Captain Yamamoto, Captain Unohana, Captain Hitsugaya, Captain Komamura, and Captain Soi Fon all appeared at once. Captain Soi Fon and Captain Hitsugaya just stared in disbelief. Komamura and Unohana went up to Lianna's wound to try and help, while the Head Captain stayed where he was.

"Did you eliminate the one who issued the war threats to us?" He finally asked.

"Yes, well.. We think we did. He disappeared after we looked away to help Lianna," Rukia placed a hand on Lianna's snout, glancing at the ribbon on Lianna's horn, then looking towards the Head Captain.

"I see... It seems we will have to prepare the Soul Society for war. Were you able to obtain any more information?" The Head Captain said in a serious tone.

"No, but we do know it is many soul reapers who will attack, and the one we fought was not their main leader," Rukia continued.

"Captain Unohana, Captain Komamura, and Captain Kuchiki will stay here as guard for these four who returned here, the rest of you are dismissed," The H.C turned and left, as did Soi Fon and Toshiro. Unohana continued working on Lianna's injuries, not saying a word. Ichigo stayed right next to her, understanding that he was still connected to Lianna. A few hours later, Lianna was healed, and Unohana left.

"You can break the bond with me now, Ichigo," Lianna spoke to him through his mind. Ichigo put a hand on her neck, closing his eyes. His spiritual pressure returned to him, the bond broken between the two of them. Rukia and Renji slept on the other side of her, leaning against her scales. Byakuya and Sajin sat on the ground, neither making a sound. Lianna yawned, her large teeth revealed. Ichigo sat down next to Rukia and Renji, leaning against Lianna's scales, falling asleep as his friends had. Byakuya got up and went over to Lianna, noticing the ribbon.

"It's still there," He examined it, and it showed no signs at all of being damaged whatsoever.

"Yes, what about it?" Lianna knew Byakuya wasn't a fan of talking a lot, but she asked anyways.

"No reason. Just noticed it, and it seems as though it survived the battles you have already been through," He was actually talking, with little emotion, but talking.

"I see... Well, is there something you want?" Lianna snorted, smoke flew from her nostrils.

"We are both from noble clans, as you know... The members of the Kuchiki clan have heard you lived, and they want you to come to our home," Byakuya stepped back as Lianna lifted her head and looked down at him.

"I don't believe this," Lianna's red dragon eyes looked at Byakuya, so surprised.

To be continued...