Chapter 7 part 5

"You felt that, right?" Ichigo had his zanpakutō drawn, ready to fight. Toshiro also had his zanpakutō drawn, and he spun around, after he felt someone appear. It was the 'Ice King'.

"So she lives? I guess I will have to finish this..." He already had his icy gaze locked onto the newborn dragon that was crouched on Toshiro's shoulder. Ichigo ran to Toshiro's side, blade pointed at the Ice King. All he did was smirk, the intent to kill rising.

"And this is where the one called 'Ichigo Kurosaki' lives? Interesting..." The intruder materialized an ice spear, pointing it towards the little dragon. Toshiro noticed this, and he got mad.

"No, you cannot have her!" He called out his shikai, and Lianna held on tightly.

"Reign over the frosted heavens....Hyōrinmaru!" An ice dragon was materialized from Toshiro's zanpakutō, and he created more of them in an attempt to injure the Ice King.

Hyōrinmaru!" An ice dragon was materialized from Toshiro's zanpakutō, and he created more of them in an attempt to injure the Ice King

All the intruder did was laugh.

"Did you forget?! I'm the ICE KING!" He held up the ice spear once again, aiming it at the incoming attack. The ice dragons were stopped in their tracks, turned, and thrown back at Toshiro and Ichigo. They were able to dodge it, but barely because of the speed they were being attacked at.

"Getsuga Tenshō!!" Ichigo let out his own attacks, and one of them hit the intruder. He fell backwards, bleeding. His eyes turned a deep blue, and he threw his spear at Toshiro and Lianna. Ichigo jumped in its path, and took the hit. He had activated his bankai, so it didn't hurt him as much as it would've. Even though the bankai was used, the hit took its toll. Ichigo stood up, wobbling a bit.

The Ice King turned away from them, glancing back only once

"I will be back, and when I am.... I want that dragon!" He faced forward and disappeared. Ichigo tried chasing after him.

"You bastard!!" He yelled as Toshiro stopped him, and held him back.

"Ichigo! Stop! Look!" He turned Ichigo around, and the first thing Ichigo noticed was little Lianna curled around Toshiro's neck, holding tightly. Even though she was still working to be whole again, she understood what was happening, and she knew she couldn't do anything. Ichigo's face softened, and his bankai faded away.

"Let's go to the soul society and...Maybe train some more. We don't want to endanger the humans here," Toshiro turned and began walking away. Ichigo returned to Karin, telling her that she was going to be away for a while, and she reluctantly let him go.

Together, the three of them went to the soul society. They were met by Byakuya, who took Lianna and went to his office.

"Well, that was unexpected, but I guess it is his turn to watch her.. Anyways Ichigo, I suggest that you go train with Kempachi. He has been looking for you for a while now," Toshiro turned to Ichigo, who's eyes widened.

"KEMPACHI?! You want me to go train with him?! That's crazy!"

"Ichigo, now," Toshiro gave Ichigo a firm captain's command.

"Fine.... Shortie!" Ichigo turned and flash stepped away, laughing. Toshiro watched him, annoyed.

"Whatever.." Toshiro stormed away to his office.

[With Byakuya and Lianna]

Byakuya had set out a small plate with pieces of meat on it, and Lianna stumbled off him and cooked a few pieces before eating them. Byakuya stroked her body before he returned to doing his own paperwork.

Little Lianna curled up on his desk, soon falling asleep...

————————————————————————————————————————————

To be continued...