Chapter 4 Part 3

"I am sorry....I never meant for this to happen..." Lianna broad-casted to all the captain's and lieutenants minds. They all nodded.

"You are one of us, Lianna. We could never try to get rid of you," Soi Fon stepped up, saying something she wouldn't normally say.

"Alright," Lianna seemed to smile in her dragon form. Toshiro patted Lianna's neck. Everyone was dismissed to help clean up the mess that the soul society was in. Toshiro flew Lianna down to help as well. She let him off and carried debris and some bodies out of the way. The soul society was quickly cleaned up once everyone pitched in. Even Ichigo and his friends came from the World of the Living to help.

A few days later, when everything settled down, Lianna left to go visit her home. She dug around, looking for things that might give her clues as to how she can better control her abilities. All she uncovered was an old book, with a dragon symbol on the cover.

Lianna put the book in her bag, and she went back to the Soul Society

Lianna put the book in her bag, and she went back to the Soul Society. Everyone she knew was busy, so she went onto Byakuya's captain office and sat on the sofa. She knew she might not be allowed to be there, but she didn't know where else to go. Lianna opened the book, and read what was inside it.

"Shadows and dragons are apart of the Shadisuke clan history. Many others that wanted that power but were unable to obtain it. Our ancestor, Kianna Shadisuke, was able to gain the power of both dragons and shadows. For generations, only one or two of us born at a time had both powers in their zanpakutō. Most of us only had one. When the rogue soul reapers and the hollows heard our clan had this power, they started targeting us. For decades, they have been our enemy. Many times they have tried to destroy us, but it has never worked, for we always have a dragon ready to fight."

"If our power is to be stolen and used by an enemy, whoever they may be, the person they unleash the power on will be in serious trouble. Only someone who has a strong connection to the dragon stolen can break the evil bond and save everyone. Be it a close friend, maybe family, they must have a strong bond for it to work. In all the years we have had this power, the only ones we can really trust are the members of the Kuchiki clan and the members of the Shiba clan. They have never gotten angry at the power we obtained..."

Lianna kept reading to herself, but some of the parts in the book had gotten ruined from age. She just had to do her best to fill in the pieces. A few hours later, Byakuya came walking back in, and just in time too, because it had started raining. Lianna crouched down, not wanting to be kicked out or even noticed. All she could hear was his footsteps, but they were getting closer. Byakuya stood next to the sofa Lianna was hiding on, not looking down.

"I know you are here, I saw you walk in a few minutes after I left..." Byakuya sat down on the sofa across from Lianna, his face was hard for Lianna to read. She put the book down on the table in front of her, getting up and sitting normally.

"Sorry, I can go if you want... I just didn't know where else to go because I don't have a place to stay....." Lianna crossed her arms, looking down.

"No, you can stay if you like," Byakuya put his zanpakutō down, whispering something as he did so.

"What is that book?" Byakuya glanced down at the book sitting on the table, the one Lianna found.

"Oh, its just some of my clan's history... Nothing much," Lianna also set her zanpakutō down beside her, focusing on Byakuya.

"May I?" He asked, Lianna nodded, and he picked up the book. Byakuya looked through it, reading the pages thoroughly. After a bit, he set it back down.

"I remember being told some of this many years ago..." He finally said.

"Wow, I guess you knew more then than I do now," Lianna looked up, avoiding Byakuya's gaze.

"Shall we go visit the spot our clans would get together at?" Byakuya broke the silence.

"Sure, why not... But only if I can bring some people," Lianna negotiated, and Byakuya agreed for her to grab some people. She chose Rukia, Toshiro, Renji, Ichigo, Rangiku, Yumichika and Ikkaku, Yachiru, and Soi Fon. Byakuya was surprised when Lianna showed up with this group of people, but he went along with it anyway. He led them to a field with all the different types of flowers that they could imagine. They were even cherry blossom trees. There were benches and tables, which Rangiku used to set up the secret sake that Rangiku smuggled in. Toshiro scolded her, but Yumichika and Ikkaku dug into it. Everyone else kind of messed around.

"We needed this, especially after what happened..." Lianna smiled, Byakuya looked at her.

"This looks exactly like back then to me..." He looked back at everyone else. Lianna nodded, put her book down, drew her zanpakutō, and changed. She changed into an earth dragon that was as tall as Rukia was.

She went and ran with the rest of them, making the wind blow and pick them up, flower petals of all different kinds swirling around every single one of them

For once in a long time... They were all happy.

To be continued...