chapter 2 part 1

"Let's go back to the Soul Society," Lianna led the boys to the soul society, when they got back she rested on the edge of Sōkyoku Hill. Rukia appeared by her side, sitting down next to Lianna.

"I was just told what happened. You did what you had to do," She spoke softly, gently putting a hand on Lianna's shoulder.

"Yeah, I guess," Lianna's voice cracked.

"What's wrong?" Rukia took her hand off Lianna.

"Well for one, I killed someone I trusted with my life. And two, I don't belong here. I'm going back to Karakura Town and nobody can say anything about it," Lianna stood up, her hands balled up into fists.

"Hey, hey wait. You can't just leave! I'm not supposed to tell you this, but the Head Captain thinks you to be his equal in power. Let me explain to you what has been happening and why we went to find you," Rukia said as she stood up. Lianna drew her sword and changed into a dragon anyway.

"You can tell me on the way," Lianna let Rukia climb on, little did she know, someone had got on and was riding her as well.

"In the past few months, hollow numbers have been rising. Not by a little, but by a lot. Many of them have powers we never knew possible. They have been taking out our forces like they were nothing. So, the Head Captain decided to retrieve you, because you have an ability they will never see coming," Rukia held onto Lianna's spines.

"If you think this is the only form of bankai I have, you are sorely mistaken," Lianna entered into the World of the Living. Her huge wings cast a shadow over the town, as she flew just above the tallest buildings.

"Really? Could you tell me?"

"I guess I can. My bankai is... Complicated at times. Shadoragon is it's name, meaning shadow dragon. My clan has history many, many years ago making pacts with the shadows, and the dragons. When they were destroyed, we were all that remained. Shadoragon, had three bankai forms. This one you see here, grants me the power to change into any dragon I wish, and I can change the size my form is. If I become seriously injured in this form it will take longer for me to be able to change back. The second form allows me to change other people into a dragon, as well as myself, increasing an army's strength. The third form..I have used it only once because it is so powerful... It allows me to turn myself into the largest dragon form of our kind.. Something we swore to never use unless absolutely necessary," Lianna paused for a few minutes, then continued.

"Also, this form here has an extra thing to note. I can use it while I am bonded temporarily to someone. In battle, if I bond to one person, and one person only, their power becomes significantly increased, but they also have control over me. Shadoragon was a Zanpakutō everyone prayed they wouldn't have because if you are at the brink of death... You have to bond with someone to live. You will be reborn from your old body as a little dragon, growing up again. Once you have fully grown to where you once were... You are free to go and be a soul reaper again. That is pretty much everything..." Lianna landed on a hill just outside Karakura Town.

"Wow. I didn't know Zanpakutōs could get that complicated. Especially the death part.." Rukia sat on the hill, and Lianna laid down next to her.

"Oh by the way, Ichigo is coming," Lianna commented just when Ichigo Kurosaki appeared in front of them.

"Sup. What are you guys doing here?" Ichigo stayed in front of them.

"I needed a break from the soul society. It's been years since I have been there and I honestly kind of regret going back..." Lianna snorted.

"Why? In my opinion the Soul Society is a great place! At least it is sometimes.." Ichigo whispered that last part. He sat down in front of Rukia and Lianna. Then, something crawled to the top of Lianna's dragon-head.

"I agree! The Soul Society is sooo fun!" It was a small pink haired soul reaper.

"Hi! I'm Yachiru!"

"YACHIRU?! What are you doing here?!" Ichigo and Rukia said at the same time.

"Kenny was being boring and I had nothing to do, so I came along with you guys! And who knew I'd get to be on a dragon's back! So much more fun than walking around doing nothing!" Yachiru bounced around on Lianna's back, Lianna shook her off. Yachiru rolled down Lianna's wing and landed between Ichigo and Rukia, who both looked at her with their arms crossed.

"Yachiru, go back to the soul society so you can irritate Kempachi," Ichigo told her, who didn't listen anyways.

"Why, when this is so much more fun? " Yachiru kept jumping over Lianna's tail. Lianna shrunk down her dragon form to something as tall as Ichigo, and walked over to Rukia. Lianna sat by her and watched Yachiru play with the flowers in the grass.

"Lianna can you start a fire I want toasted marshmallows," Yachiru begged Lianna, who complied and started a small fire.

"YAY!!" Yachiru pulled a few marshmallows from her shihakusho and put them on a stick. She then held them over the fire and roasted them.

"Is she always like this, Rukia?" Lianna just watched Yachiru eat her marshmallows.

"Unfortunately, yes she is.. But it adds another fun thing to the day when she comes in!" Rukia laughed. Ichigo was offered a marshmallow from Yachiru, he took it gladly. Rukia also was offered one, and she took it happily as well. They stayed there and hung out for a bit, laughing and eating toasted marshmallows.

Out of nowhere, the sky turned grey, and rain started to fall. Thunder shook the ground and lightning lit up the sky. Lightning struck the ground in front of the four, and when the lightning disappeared, a man with a hollow mask and sword stood there. Lianna stood in front of Ichigo, Rukia, and Yachiru, protecting them. She bared her teeth, her eyes locked onto the intruder.

"I'm here to relay a message..." The man kept his hands in his pockets. Yachiru climbed onto Lianna's back, while Rukia and Ichigo stood on each side of her.

"Soul Reapers... Tell your comrades and leaders that we are coming for you. War... It is inevitable between us. This is what I came to tell you," The man turned and walked up into the sky. Lianna shook Yachiru off of her back, and took off after the man. She grew to her dragon's normal size and kept chasing him.

"So aggressive.. Save it for later!" The man turned and drew his sword, which turned into a bow and arrows. He drew his arm, and released a single arrow. As is was raining and thundering, Lianna didn't have the best vision in the grey clouds. The arrow became larger, and larger. Becoming as big as a light pole. The arrow struck Lianna in the shoulder, another was fired and shot her in the side by her leg.

"Down, beast!" The man yelled as Lianna was diving down to the ground, unable to stop. The man disappeared just as Lianna was able to pull up in time, skidding to a stop, but collapsing as soon as she did. She let out a weak roar, calling over the others.

"Yachiru! Go get Captain Unohana!" Rukia shouted to Yachiru, who quickly went to get Unohana. Lianna breathed heavily, the arrows that struck her stood out and Ichigo touched one. Lianna growled at him and he went to Rukia.

"It's bad. Very Bad," Rukia rest her head on Lianna's neck, her hands balled up on Lianna's scales.

"Don't worry Rukia. Captain Unohana is coming," Ichigo whispered.

To be continued...