Chapter 9 part 4

(Author's note: Finally starting to join the TYBW ark! This will be not be too long of a part because I'm still watching the show.)

"Until later then, Lianna Shadisuke," Byakuya nodded to her before he quickly disappeared. Lianna was alone again.

[Up in the sky, above the Soul Society]

"So it be true, there is a living survivor," A quincy spoke, and he looked down upon the soul society, watching the last living dragon, Lianna.

"She will be very useful," He whispered before turning and disappearing to where he was assigned.

[In the Soul Society]

Lianna continued to walk around, still not fully used to this form. After walking for a bit, she decided to do the work she hadn't been able to finish from before. A little paperwork, then scouting around the squad 6 barracks. When her few jobs were completed, Lianna ran around the soul society, checking to make sure everything had been repaired as much as possible. She even checked up on the souls living in the districts around the soul society.

The following day, a hell butterfly had called her to Byakuya's office, and it seemed urgent.

"What is it, Captain?" Lianna spoke with a confused and partly worried look on her face.

"An entire district of souls has been reported missing," He paused, sighing. The sun beamed into the room when he continued, "The squad 1 lieutenant, Chojiro Sasakibe, was fatally injured earlier. He, unfortunately, succumbed to his injuries and died. A cremation will be held later today. We'd like you to attend." Byakuya spoke with a slight mournful hint in his voice, but the rest was as emotionless and calm as he normally kept it.

"Lieutenant Sasakibe? No way... It isn't possible... What could have possibly-" Lianna began speaking, but was stopped.

"From the Department of Research and Development, as well as Captain Kurotsuchi, all believe it was quincies."

"Quincies?!" Lianna's eyes widened. "I thought Uryu Ishida and his father were the last ones?"

"Apparently not," Byakuya said, finally looking up from his desk.

————————————————————————————————————————————-

To be continued....