Chapter 8 part 5

"Return to the Soul Society! Return!" It spoke loudly to him, then it fluttered off and Ichigo sighed. He had no choice but to go to the Soul Society. When he got there, both Toshiro and Byakuya were waiting.

"Any luck?" Toshiro asked, his arms crossed.

"Yeah, but she flew off. She is a lot bigger now, almost to carry two of us," Ichigo explained what he had seen when he found Lianna.

"I see...." Toshiro looked down, questioning his decisions.

"Let us all go out and search, then we will have a better chance of finding her," Byakuya spoke up, presenting his idea.

"That could work, but even if we did find her again, there's no telling whether or not she will come with us.." Toshiro closed his eyes, thinking.

"I think we should do it, because with all three of us out there, we have to find her. And because if all three of us are around her, she might have to listen," Ichigo turned and led the two captains to the spot he found Lianna.

"Looks like she really has been surviving on her own..." Toshiro watched his footing, not wanting to step on any of the bones or in the mud.

"Do you know which way she went from here?" He continued.

"Yes, she went that way," Ichigo pointed north.

"That is back up to the Soul Society," Byakuya flash stepped in the direction that Ichigo pointed, and both Ichigo and Toshiro followed. When they reached the soul society's border, they looked around trying to find clues. There were some scorch marks, but they were so light it was like they were never there. There was a roar in the distance, all three soul reapers perked up when they heard it.

"Is that her?" Ichigo stared off in the distance where the roar came from.

"What else could it be?" Byakuya once again led the group, and they reached a spot where fire burned everywhere. It almost reached the soul society.

"What happened here?!" Toshiro kneeled down when he noticed a drop of blood on the ground.

"She wouldn't have done this without reason, she must have been attacked," Ichigo tried to defend her.

"Yes, that is most likely what happened. We must go find her before it ends badly," Byakuya paused, examining the area.

"We should split up," Toshiro waved Ichigo and Byakuya off, and he went in a different direction.

None of them had any luck, all they found was some more blood and a few scales.

[1 week later]

Ichigo, Byakuya, and Toshiro all sat down in Byakuya's office, planning how they would find their dragon.

"So, all we know is that she has been missing for a week, we haven't seen any signs she is even alive, and we have no intel of where she could be..." Toshiro mapped out all the information they had. From outside, they heard yelling and screaming. When they opened the doors to outside, a mass of soul reapers were there. All three stepped fully outside, closing the doors and attempting to calm the crowd.

"That dragon is going to kill us!" Some of them yelled.

"If only you had let it die!" Another one screamed. It hit hard on all three of them.

"All of you! If we didn't have a dragon... If we didn't have Lianna, we likely wouldn't be in this peaceful setting we have now!" Toshiro said, continuing to try and calm them. As the soul reapers continued to yell and scream, from behind them came a roar so loud it made everyone freeze. As the sun began to set and the sky became darker, a large dragon head appeared over a wall, and it growled at all of them.

The crowd of soul reapers all backed up, all except Ichigo, Byakuya, and Toshiro. The three of them looked up at Lianna, who moved herself so she was in their reach.

 The three of them looked up at Lianna, who moved herself so she was in their reach

(pretend it is Toshiro...)

Lianna sniffed Toshiro's hand, as he was the first to reach out to her. The dragon shook her head, sniffing the three reapers that approached her, then she stood on her back legs and flew away.

"At least she recognizes us..." Toshiro let out his held breath.

"That is a good thing. She is larger than I thought she would be..." Ichigo also let out his breath. Byakuya watched her fly away, saying nothing. The crowd behind them became even more fueled with anger and nervousness. Eventually, they were driven away.

As the days went by, more and more riots happened. And all the three could do was wait for their dragon to come back. If she would ever come back.

——————————————————————————————————————

To be continued...