chapter 2 part 4

"Ready?" Lianna sat on her hind legs, spreading her wings and roaring at their enemy. Renji hissed and Rukia spread her own wings, growling.

"Yes," Rukia and Renji said back at the same time.

"Good," Lianna let out the final battle roar, Rukia and Renji stood close to both of her sides. As of that moment, war had begun. Their enemy laughed, he laughed hard. He also drew his Zanpakutō, thunder rumbled the ground, lightning turning the sky white.

"Watch out, he might pull out the arrows again," Lianna spread her wings, covering Rukia and Renji when the lightning almost struck them. She stepped forward, shaking her head, the inside of her mouth lighting up with fire. She growled and blasted him with fire so hot the snow around them melted instantly, the ice on the ground turning to water.

When the fire ceased and the smoke was swept away by the wind, the man stood there with some burns and marks, his shihakusho burnt in some places

When the fire ceased and the smoke was swept away by the wind, the man stood there with some burns and marks, his shihakusho burnt in some places. He swiped his hands over his sword, it changed into a bow and arrow.

"Rukia, fly! Renji, go!" Lianna shouted through their minds, they did as they were told, fleeing at the sight of the bow. Ichigo appeared on Lianna's back, holding tightly.

"Ha, this'll be so easy!" He shot a few arrows, and they grew to a large size. One almost hit Rukia, one skimmed Renji's scales, and one just barely scratched Lianna's leg.

"Ichigo, this'll sound weird but I need to bond with you. That way both of our powers are increased and this battle will be easier for us to win," Lianna spoke only to Ichigo as she dodged more arrows.

"Alright, what do I do?"

"Send your spiritual energy into me and it'll be complete until you release the energy!" Lianna blasted the man again, Rukia blew ice and snow towards him, freezing his legs and bow-hand in place, this he easily broke out of, but it was just long enough for Lianna and Ichigo to bond, their spiritual pressure exploding with power. Lianna's dragon eyes turned more red than they were, and Ichigo held even tighter as Lianna flew faster than before. When she flew close enough to the man, Ichigo hopped off and held his Zanpakutō tightly, unleashing his own bankai, but with more power from bonding with Lianna, who hovered above them.

"Ichigo, jump back quickly, after this, attack," Lianna again blasted fire, the heat hitting Ichigo even after he stepped back.

Ichigo rushed in, followed by Rukia and Renji. Renji slid around the man, constricting his body which had just been frozen by Rukia. Ichigo used Getsuga Tenshō on him. Lianna landed on the ground as Renji began constricting the man tighter. When the man was almost white, Renji let out his Bankai's ability from his own mouth: Hikotsu Taiho. He released the man, who fell to the ground, unmoving. Rukia landed on one side of him, Renji on another. The three beasts formed a triangle around his body.

"Is he dead?" Renji flicked his tongue out.

"I think so, but I wouldn't trust it," Rukia fluttered her icy wings, her tail swaying in the ice-cold wind. The man's Zanpakutō sat a few inches away from his hand, still in bow form. Lianna leaned in a bit and sniffed the man.

"I don't think so, if he was his Zanpakutō would have reverted back to normal," Lianna said just as the man's Zanpakutō flew to his hand, the man jumping up and aiming an arrow right at Lianna's neck.

"Nobody moves, or she dies," The man was serious, not smiling this time. Ichigo stared, unsure of what to do. Lianna growled, and the man pressed the arrow's tip on her neck. Renji and Rukia stayed where they were, glancing at something in the distance. Lianna knew what they were looking at, but gave no clues that she did. From nowhere, a flurry of pink came and engulfed the man, giving Lianna time to get away. Ichigo climbed onto her back, both of them still bonded together. Lianna bared her teeth once the pink flurry disappeared, and went back into a soul reapers Zanpakutō, it turned out to be Byakuya Kuchiki. He walked in the snow towards them, his face once again holding no emotion. The man stood there, blood splattered on the snow. He smirked.

"Ah yes, a captain of the soul society, finally. Were you alerted to my threat? Don't think I'm joking, for it is a very real threat," The man took aim towards Byakuya, then quickly turned and shot at Lianna's head. Lianna flew just in time but the arrow the man shot hit her leg, making it slightly harder for her to fly. She landed, her energy almost gone. Rukia and Renji consented to be changed back to normal, and when they were, they climbed onto Lianna's back as well.

Byakuya kept showing their opponent with millions of pink blades, the snow dotted with red. The man barely was able to stand. He raised his bow-holding hand in the air, blood spotted all on the box and the arrows.

"I, Zenime Tokito, use my blood, my power, my will, and my Zanpakutō..." His name was Zenime Tokito.. And he mumbled some words no one heard, and his bow turned a bright red. Lightning went straight into the bow, then disappeared.

"I'll make sure you all die before they get to the soul society to kill the rest of you!" Zenime pulled back the bow-string, aiming at Lianna and her three passengers. He smiled and Lianna bared her teeth, waiting for a cue from either Byakuya or Ichigo. Byakuya slightly, very slightly, waved his hand up. It was visible enough for Ichigo and Lianna to see. From the sky came down pink blades, more than before. Lianna began flying, when she was high up in the air, she flew in circles around Byakuya and Zenime, waiting for the moment she could pick up Byakuya as well.

A huge bright red arrow flew past the flurry of pink, straight up, higher and higher... It was heading towards Lianna.

To be continued...