chapter 3 part 2

Byakuya had gone back to his squad, finishing up things he had missed. All of a sudden, Renji appeared next to her, pointing in a certain direction.

"We are under attack!" His face was very distressed, and Lianna hopped up instantly.

"Take me there," Lianna followed him to where the soul society was fighting... But they were not fighting only soul reapers...There were some arrancars, some menos grande, and lots of hollows. The Head Captain hadn't shown yet, and a few other captains were thrown in the mix. An arrancar appeared behind Renji and Lianna, but Renji quickly cut him down. Rukia ran to them.

"Lianna! Renji! Thank goodness you both are alright! Ichigo is on his way. We need help!" Rukia looked to Lianna desperately, who looked angrily at the intruders. Lianna drew her sword and jumped down into the fight. It was hard to tell the difference between the good and the bad, especially when it came to the soul reapers, but she was able to cut down a few enemies without being jabbed. A few more captains joined, and one of them was Byakuya. He let out his shikai, the flurry of pink protecting him and attacking others.

Ichigo also appeared, his friends joining him. Lianna's blade disappeared, becoming the shadows off of the soul society's forces. They held onto the intruders, making them easier to cut down. Hundreds of feet above them, three people stand looking down at the ensuing battle. This was noticed by a few, but they were too busy to do anything about it. Kempachi also joined in the battle, slicing down enemy intruders like they were nothing. Lianna couldn't stand the battle continuing, mostly because of her past. She closed her eyes, her spiritual pressure even making some of the enemies pause to look. She concentrated, the shadows flowing back into her own body. She was surrounded by the shadows, only the allies were able to see past her veil to understand what she was doing. Lianna mumbled something, remembering to keep some distance from enemies with higher power.

Her body changed, she was no longer a soul reaper. When the veil of shadows became her new body, the intruders paused with fear. She had turned into a gold dragon, and she roared as loud as she could, echoing across the entire soul society.

 She had turned into a gold dragon, and she roared as loud as she could, echoing across the entire soul society

She quickly blasted fire, torching down a path for her allies to get to the leaders of this attack. Ichigo and his friends, followed by Renji and Rukia, surrounded her, adding extra protection.

"Go! I can handle this!" Lianna spoke to their minds and they reluctantly left to fight others. Some brave fighters tried to sneak up behind Lianna, but they were stopped by fire. Kempachi was 20 feet away from Lianna, giving her looks as he destroyed the enemies. One of the people who were standing above, watching, came down right in front of Lianna.

"Ooo...I like you, I think I'll keep you!" She smirked, and Lianna's mind was flooded with reminders from her father....

[flashback]

"Lianna, you know the history of our clan, yes?" A man walked, holding little Lianna's hand.

"Yes I do, about how we are dragons and shadows," Lianna had replied to her father.

"If you gain similar abilities to mine...There are some things you must know if you go into battle," He paused, then continued once he was sure Lianna was listening.

"When we change into dragons, we can bond with others, increasing both of our powers significantly. And people who target our clan know this, and if they get a hold on you, they may not let you go. It happened to your great-great grandmother. She eventually got away, but we have been so very worried it might happen to you," Her father got on one knee and looked into Lianna's eyes.

"You must promise me you will do your best not to get caught. Understand?"

"Yes, I promise and I understand," Lianna smiled at her father.

[back to the present]

Lianna bared her teeth at this lady who stood in front of her, her chest heating up. She blasted fire against the one in front of her, but it had no effect.

"Aw, you must be that little survivor we were told about.... Awesome I get a pet too!" The lady smiled, but Lianna charged her.

"Bad idea," The lady put a hand on the hilt of her sword, still smiling.

To be continued...