Chapter 8 part 3

A week had gone by since the group of soul reapers that bonded to Lianna killed a spy. And Lianna had grown larger. She was big enough now to fly, but only able to carry one person. Ichigo, Byakuya, and Toshiro had to decide who would train her in flight while carrying someone.

"I think Toshiro should do it, since he is small," Ichigo joked around while Toshiro glared at him. Lianna rested at their feet, just listening.

"I think I should be the one to do it, but not because I'm small!" Toshiro closed his eyes and thought.

"How about whomever gets to her first, gets to be the one," Byakuya had finally spoke up.

"Good idea," Ichigo crossed his arms.

Lianna stirred, rising and gliding out of Byakuya's office where they all sat. It was in the history of all the dragons that needed to be raised, they needed to be watched. Lianna was at the age and size where they started to go wild, and become harder to keep in check. All three of the soul reapers stood up and went outside as well. After not being able to find her, they spread out to search. Ichigo was told by Byakuya to go get Soi Fon, and that is what he did. As Soi Fon was a tracker, they found the young dragon in almost no time. But she was unwilling to go with them. The wild part of her was starting to awaken, and they knew it. The dragon bared its teeth, even at the three it bonded with.

They all inched closer, trying to make it so they could take her back.

"Wait! Stop! We need to let her be free for a while!" Toshiro spoke seriously, looking over at Ichigo and the other two captains.

"Are you sure?" Ichigo was prepared to do whatever it took.

"Yes, now everyone needs to back away slowly..." Toshiro said this as they all very slowly backed away. The dragon snapped her teeth at them, then quickly flew into the air and out of the soul society.

"Was this wise?" Byakuya watched as Lianna flew away.

"I am not sure, but I know she'll come back. She has to. Lets just all return to our normal schedules and wait," Toshiro had the final word, and the others went back to where they needed to be.

[the Ice King]

"Prepare the pit! We need to be ready!" The Ice King waved his hands around, giving out orders in preparation to his plan. His army slaved away before his, building a great stone pit, one that the Ice King had hopes to trap some certain individuals in. A soul reaper scout spotted them, quickly returning and reporting it.

[the Soul Society]

The Head Captain chose a group of 6 soul reapers, this group contained: Byakuya, Toshiro, Ichigo, Yumichika, Ikkaku, and Shuhei. All 6 of them were sent out to get rid of the ones that might be behind the construction of the large stone pit. The young dragon followed them, but kept far behind..

As they neared the pit, they split up and cut down any undead soldiers that tried to stop them upon their entrance. Soon, they met up again at the center. Suddenly, from behind steps and doors and more walls, a horde of undead soldiers emerged, most of them armed with spears. They were severely outnumbered, but they managed to take down most of the enemy before losing their energy. The group huddled in the middle of the pit, when the heard a loud screech.

It was the young dragon, Lianna. She dove into the pit, fire surrounding her body. As she flew, it went away. The dragon landed in the pit and began attacking the soldiers that remained.

She bit one directly, shaking the soldier and throwing him. Spears were being thrown, and it was hard for her to dodge them.

She blasted fire, doing all she could to protect the group that stand behind her. The young dragon became weaker as the spears stuck under her scales, and she bled.

She roared slightly, then once she was hit again she roared louder and with more power. A hole was torn in her wing as a spear went through it. Toshiro stepped forward, trying to calm the dragon as it blasted more fire. As he approached, Lianna whipped around and roared right at him.

 As he approached, Lianna whipped around and roared right at him

(pretend the person is Toshiro)

As the dragon did this, Toshiro stood his ground. And the group behind him did the same. Once Lianna turned her head away, he pulled a spear from her side, and she bled a bit worse from that side. Toshiro took a deep breath, then went to Lianna's side and climbed atop her back.

Once he pulled the last spear from the dragon's shoulder, he took another deep breath and held on tightly, letting only one word out

"Valahd," when he said this, Lianna instantly responded. Her body shifted and she moved in a forward direction. She sped up, bouncing on her feet then lifting into the air.

 She sped up, bouncing on her feet then lifting into the air

It was their first flight, and a huge step forward. They flew upward and out, while the group below them killed the very last members of the undead army, they then followed after the dragon and Toshiro.

The Ice King watched them, and he was formulating a plan that could take down the dragon once again, and destroy the soul society.

————————————————————————————————————————————-

To be continued...