chapter 3 part 5

"Yes. This is war. And you might as well give up because now... You'll never win," Akihiko pulled up on Lianna's back, signaling for her to fly. She flew, but not before she blasted fire just above the head captain.

They flew back to the base, unaware they were being followed.

When Akihiko landed Lianna in a pit inside their base, both him and Zenime slid off her back.

"You stay in this pit. Do you understand, dragon?" Akihiko turned to Lianna, who had no choice but to comply. When he and Zenime left, someone had secretly chained her foot to the ground, making it so she could walk around, but not fly. Feet shuffled around, it was dark and they were in the shadows so Lianna couldn't really see them, but because of the form she had taken, it was probably a good thing.

A few minutes later, out from the shadows came Soi Fon and Toshiro. They gasped when they saw the form Lianna had taken, as they hadn't believed what the head captain had told them. Lianna growled and shook her head at them, unable to communicate because of who she had been bonded with.

"Lianna, we are here to free you. But to do so...You need to control yourself," Toshiro put his hands up, away from his sword. Lianna looked directly at him and roared straight towards him, her breath heating up. She blasted fire, but Toshiro jumped out of the way. Both him and Soi Fon ran up onto Lianna, Toshiro distracting her while Soi Fon worked to free her foot.

The red dragon shook her body and screeched loudly, alerting some of the soul reaper guards that were inside. They ran out but were incinerated by a lashing out dragon. Toshiro held on as tightly as he could, trying to throw out the spiritual pressure so he himself could bond with Lianna...But it had no effect.

They were too tightly bound and one would need to be seriously distracted and/or injured. Soi Fon had finally freed Lianna, and she quickly went to Toshiro, and they both held on as Lianna flew around the base, screeching wildly and trying to throw them off. All of a sudden, she stopped and flew back down to the pit. When she landed, Akihiko and Zenime stood waiting, Lianna surrounded by many guards.

"You think you stood a chance against-" Zenime was cut off when a blade had gone through his body. Kempachi towered over him.

"Oh be quiet," Kempachi pulled his sword out of Zenime, kicking him over. Akihiko jumped back, drew his sword, and faced Kempachi. Yachiru popped out from behind him, jumping off his back and flashing over to Soi Fon.

"Kenny made a good entrance!" She climbed up top of Lianna's back, and she was fully aware of what she was doing.

"Now while he is distracted!" Toshiro again began working to bond with Lianna, but it still had no effect. The dragon shook them off, then ran over to Akihiko and picked him up. Zenime was left behind as Akihiko directed Lianna away.

"Today is not the day we shall fight...But that day is soon," Akihiko said as they flew off into the distance. Kempachi scoffed.

"What a wimp," He finally said, turning and heading back to the soul society. Toshiro and Soi Fon had to as well, as directed by the Head Captain. When they did get back, the H.C. was already waiting for them.

"I see you failed, no matter. C. Komamura, C. Soi Fon, C. Hitsugaya, and C. Zaraki will go out for them tomorrow. Today, we make plans for repair, and preparing for battle," Head Captain Genryūsai led all the battle-able soul reapers to a large room, big enough for all of them. He led the planning, and then more planning. When they were finally ready, as was Akihiko for another search for Lianna. He had her hidden, even though she was huge, she was hidden.

"Now, when my armies are ready... The Soul Society is finished," He said, looking up to his dragon.

To be continued...