Chapter 7 part 2

"I expect you all to make sure she can come back to our ranks. Understood?" The H.C. had his hands on his staff, looking at the dragon.

"Yes, sir. We understand," Renji replied as the Head Captain turned to return to the dissolving shadow dome. The winter and mist was still there, but not as bad. It was warm enough that they would return to the soul society, and leave the dome. Ichigo held onto the dragon as Toshiro and Byakuya worked to get their squads settled back in their barracks.

Byakuya occasionally went through the Shadisuke book, finding things that would be useful to them, such as learning the dragon's language. Every other day, or when they weren't busy, Byakuya, Toshiro, and Ichigo would gather together and practice more of this language. They were getting a good hold on it, and decided to test it on Lianna. They set her down on a ledge, putting a piece of meat in front of her.

"Are we sure she will respond?" Rukia and Renji had joined them that day.

"Yes, I mean.... She should. After all, it is the language of the dragons....Well, who is going to do it?" Toshiro looked to the group around the dragon, the ones next to him.

"I'll do it," Byakuya finally spoke up. The little dragon looked up at him, wondering what he was doing.

"You know what to say, Captain?" Renji looked at the little dragon in awe, not used to seeing a tiny one.

"Yes, I do," Byakuya glared at Renji, who put up his hands and moved back. Then, he looked back at little Lianna, and he quickly recited the word he was about to say in his head. Finally, he spoke.

"Dracarys," which translated to 'Dragonfire'. He repeated it a few times as Lianna tilted her head at him. Finally, she understood. She turned to the piece of raw meat, coughing up smoke, then blasting small flames.

 She turned to the piece of raw meat, coughing up smoke, then blasting small flames

Once the meat was cooked to her liking, she swallowed it whole.

"I guess she'll be able to feed herself from now on. Now we need to work on training her so she can get bigger and stronger," Toshiro scratched the little dragon's neck, applauding her for what she just did.

"It seems they do understand this language. We must all work to remember it," Byakuya gently stroked her little back, and Ichigo just watched.

"Don't worry, we'll get this!" He smiled.

————————————————————————————————————————————

To be continued...