Chapter 8 part 4

It was their first flight, and a huge step forward. Toshiro and Lianna flew upward and out, while the group below them killed the very last members of the undead army, they then followed after the dragon and Toshiro.

The Ice King watched them, and he was formulating a plan that could take down the dragon once again, and destroy the soul society.

Once Toshiro slid off the young dragon's back, it turned and flew away, dried blood caked on its scales. Ichigo appeared next to Toshiro, and he panted heavily.

"Damn she flies fast! Where is she going?" He asked, confused as to why Lianna flew away again.

"Like I said before, she will come back to us... We need to give her more time. Let's wait a while, then we will all go out for her," Toshiro said as he went to go get cleaned up. As did the entire group that went with him to the pit.

[With Lianna]

She started gliding down towards a lake, and she dove in, cleaning off her scales. She was once again on her own, and because of this, she grew quicker than expected.

A few days later, she had flown down a ravine and caught the scent of sheep and goats. Her dragon instincts kicked in and she turned towards where the sheep and goats were. A young boy was watching the herd, when he heard the growling coming from the ravine behind him. He turned around warily, but fell over when Lianna flew up in front of him.

 He turned around warily, but fell over when Lianna flew up in front of him

The boy cried out, as he had never seen such a beast before. Lianna bared her teeth, but not at him, at the prey that scurried and ran behind him. She flew right over the boy's head, targeting a goat and going after it.

She blasted fire at it, grabbing the goat with her hind claws and flying off past the mountains

She blasted fire at it, grabbing the goat with her hind claws and flying off past the mountains. The soul society almost instantly got the report of the incident. But because Toshiro and Byakuya were busy, Ichigo was sent out to investigate and to try and find the dragon. He had no luck, only finding traces of where she had been. He found scales though, which meant that she was getting even larger.

He stayed out for hours and hours, searching. Ichigo came up on a clearing and a pile of bones. In the middle of the pile of bones, lie Lianna. She was twice as big as she was last time she was spotted, big enough to carry almost two people. Ichigo approached her warily, sticking out his arm to see if she would respond. She did, lifting her head to smell his hand. She huffed and placed her head back down, uninterested. Ichigo bent down, placing a hand on her snout.

The dragon huffed, her eyes still closed. Ichigo walked around Lianna, trying to get her up. The dragon groaned, moving and laying in a different position. Ichigo sighed, knowing what he had to try and do. He got closer to the dragons body, climbing on top. Lianna lifted her head and looked back at him, confused. She shook her body, throwing him off. The dragon bared her teeth a bit, standing up and taking off.

"Damn it.." Ichigo whispered to himself, now he had to go after her. A hell butterfly glided down next to him.

"Return to the Soul Society! Return!" It spoke loudly to him, then it fluttered off and Ichigo sighed. He had no choice but to go to the Soul Society. When he got there, both Toshiro and Byakuya were waiting.

"Any luck?" Toshiro asked, his arms crossed.

"Yeah, but she flew off. She is a lot bigger now, almost to carry two of us," Ichigo explained what he had seen when he found Lianna.

"I see...." Toshiro looked down, questioning his decisions.

————————————————————————————————————————————

To be continued...