Chapter 8 part 2

Snow began to fall, and the air suddenly became colder.

"What is going on?" Uryu was the first to ask.

"Remember the issue in the soul society that we told you about? It involves the cold..And snow. If this is happening here, then the one who calls himself the 'Ice King' must be here as well," Toshiro stood up, as did Ichigo and Byakuya.

"I suggest you go back to your homes, and stay there," He continued.

"Oh....Alright..." Orihime looked at Toshiro sadly, then turned and started walking to her house. Uryu and Sado 'Chad' did the same. Once they were all out of the way of harm, the three soul reapers got out of their gigais, and they went instantly up into the sky. Little Lianna flew after them, as they were partially training her.

"There is a spiritual energy coming from over there," Byakuya turned and pointed down to the building where the Ice King's spy was. The three of them, with Byakuya holding Lianna, went down to said spot. They scoured the building they felt the energy from, but found nothing. From behind Byakuya, the spy crept up, about to grab the dragon and return to his master. A shower of pink came crashing down on him, courtesy of Byakuya's shikai.

"What was that?!" Toshiro appeared in front of Byakuya.

"It was nothing. Just a pest. We can go now," He spoke quickly, putting his sword away.

"Well, alright then..." Ichigo whispered, putting his own sword away.

"Let's go back to the soul society, where it is safe for us all," Toshiro led them back home, and into his office. Byakuya left the young dragon Lianna with Toshiro, so he could do what he had to do. Ichigo had to return to his home because he also had things to do.

Even though they all became busier as they tried to track down the Ice King, this didn't stop Lianna from growing larger. As she was bonded with three soul reapers, she grew faster than they expected, faster than normal. Soon, she would be big enough to ride and then big enough to take down the Ice King....

————————————————————————————————————————————

To be continued...