Chapter 8 part 1

Byakuya had set out a small plate with pieces of meat on it, and Lianna stumbled off him and cooked a few pieces before eating them. Byakuya stroked her body before he returned to doing his own paperwork.

Little Lianna curled up on his desk, soon falling asleep...

[With the Ice King]

The Ice King sat on his icy throne, a spear at his side. He had a book open, as he studied the dragon that the soul society held.

"If that didn't work... It says here I could steal the dragon!" He laughed. After placing the book down, he stood up and went to his bone horse.

"Let's go!" He called out and his undead army rose up from under the snow covered ground, standing behind him. As the Ice King moved his horse, his army followed. They were on the move.

[In the Soul Society]

Weeks had gone by, and Lianna had grown larger. She was the size of a dog, and she was able to fly. The three who had bonded with her often went to the World of the Living to train her more, and she learned quickly. The three of them sat on the grass by the side of a deep river as Lianna dived in and caught fish. She had gotten better at controlling her fire, but was still working on it as she tossed the fish into the air, roasting then swallowing them.

She caught another fish, flying back over to where her group was. Ichigo's friends had joined him that day, and they were amazed by what Lianna was already able to do.

"Ryūken had told me about this clan, but I honestly didn't believe it," Uryu Ishida watched the dragon closely, amazed.

"I did not know they existed," Yasutora Sado also watched. Orihime Inoue was able to get close enough to touch the dragon. Lianna felt Ichigo's connection to her, so she didn't lash out like she would've to a stranger.

"Wooooow! She's so cool!" Orihime smiled and watched with pure amazement.

"So, you three have to be taking care of her until she is fully grown? Seems to me that'll take a while..." Uryu commented.

"Yes, but we are fully prepared to wait," Byakuya said, adjusting to his gigai, as was Toshiro. Lianna was only visible to them due to the ribbon that was still tied to her horns, and she would only become visible to humans that the ones she bonded with trusted.

Some 100 feet away from them, an undead soldier was spying on them. The Ice King had sent this soldier to make sure that the group of soul reapers and the dragon didn't get too far away. He was getting closer to the Soul Society, but not so close that he would be noticed. They made camp in a large cave that was at least 150 miles away from the Soul Society, and they waited.

[In the World of the Living]

Ichigo scratched Lianna's head, and she made little dragon sounds as he did so.

Snow began to fall, and the air suddenly became colder.

"What is going on?" Uryu was the first to ask.

--------------------------------------------

To be continued...