Prelude (I Quit)

A few days passed since Giuseppe last spoke to Regenia, and he started to worry

A few days passed since Giuseppe last spoke to Regenia, and he started to worry. It was unlike her. The woman was like a virus in and out of his hospital room, then suddenly, she stopped, and a few days later, they shipped him back to the prison. It was good that she and Warren James honored their words, placing him in a private part of the prison; still, he worried, not for his safety but for the beautiful detective now protecting him.

What was taking her so long?

All she had to do was ask him, and he would have helped her devise a plan if they had gone through with the shit when he was still in the hospital. An escape from there would have been easy, but returning to this god-forsaken place would take some manpower. Or was this her plan all along? Have Giu thought she would help him and then turn against him? Could it be Regenia was working with his cousin?

He had no information about what was happening outside the prison, and all his so-called loyal men had turned against him. This could have meant the same for Regenia; at this moment, Giuseppe didn't know who to trust or if he could trust himself. Everyone was shady, even the wall if you'd asked him, but this was also the proof he needed to know his cousin was afraid. If Berardo were twice the man Giuseppe was, the bitch would have come at him head-on. Not locked him behind and let his lackeys do his job, but once he was free, all of them would pay... including his father.

The man knew he had the willpower to get him out of this situation, but he chose to side with the man out of his head. None of which he knows about, and usually, that's how it happens. It's always the ones you trust. However Berardo has been fake his whole life. Even his uncle, Berardo's father, said so himself. He never trusted his son and warned his brother to do the same, but Giuseppe's father sometimes praised him more than he did Giu. He could never understand; why did Berardo want his life so fucking bad? Especially when he lived it himself. There was nothing special about Giuseppe, and there was especially nothing exciting about becoming the next Don. Giu knew his role and played it well, as Berardo should have done. However, none of that mattered anymore. Berardo had started a war, and Giuseppe planned to finish it. That was if he got out of this place alive.

What was this woman doing?!

His mind screamed as he hit it against the wall behind him and took a deep breath. Giuseppe couldn't stand it or take another minute wasting away in this place. Plus, he was tired of looking over his shoulder. Giu was the one to be scared of anyone, and it would have helped if he could get some of the other prisoners on his side. Somehow they all got word he was a rat, and just like the guards, they were out for his head. All but one, his cellmate River and he planned to get him to escape as well.

"Inmate 56672402, you have a visitor stand and face the wall with your hands behind your back and feet together." The guard spoke, breaking Giu from his thoughts.

Finally!

Hopefully, this was Giuseppe's lucky day. The day he would be set free of this hellhole. He was like a child who couldn't wait to hear what the young woman had planned. Giu was giddy, which was odd; he was known as a ruthless businessman... a killer who wasn't allowed to be happy in his mind. Although, he had a good reason to be happy as he stood quickly doing what he was told.