Three Questions

Later that night, Regenia found herself dressed up

Later that night, Regenia found herself dressed up... more like matching what Giuseppe had on. He made it a point to force her to match his colors, and her clothes always had to be designer and formal when they were out, which wasn't much. However, she sat in a fancy restaurant three hours away from her new home. It was beautiful yet expensive. Never in her life has she looked at a menu with prices over a hundred dollars or euros for food. She was scared to order, and Giuseppe knew this, which was why he did it for her. All of this was new to her, and it scared her. Regenia knew he was trying to get to know her, but wooing her with pricey dinners wasn't what she wanted.

Genia preferred their talks whenever Giuseppe would open up. Most of the time, he was like a wall; she could only see what was on the outside and had to break down the exterior to see what was inside. She could never get a good read from him; he always wanted to know about her and her day. It was good that he cared, but Regenia wanted to know more about the man sitting in front of her, not what he could give her.

"Giu, we could have done this at home."

"Stop complaining, Uccellino, and enjoy yourself. I'm trying to do something nice for you." He sternly said, making Regenia sigh and nod. How was this nice when he was looking through his phone besides talking to her? She knew he was a private man, but the least he could do was talk to her about anything, and she would have been happy.

"Berar...."

"We don't talk about our private lives or business in public, Uccellino. You never know who may be listening."

"Then what do we talk about, Giuseppe?"

"Tell me how you would like our wedding to be. Your likes and dislikes, anything about yourself, Tesoro, that I don't know." Again, Regenia sighed, looking down at her hands as the waiter poured a glass of wine before her. Quickly she took it without a thought and drank it all in one gulp, causing Giu to sit there and stare at her. She was a bit upset but didn't know how to express it.

"We talk about me all the time, Romano. With all the information I've given you, you should be able to write a book about it. How about we talk about you? I would love to learn more."

"In due time, Uccellino. Tell me more about how you thought I was sleeping with Luna."

"Oh my god, you are difficult... can we leave?" Regenia asked. She was wrong to think this was a great idea. Yes, she was a little tired of sitting in the house alone, but it was better than sitting in front of the lights of him. A man that wanted things a certain way but claimed it was to get to know her. Giuseppe was an asshole at times, and tonight, he was just that.

"Regenia, I'm trying, Tesoro... to be the man you are asking me to be, but know I'm not the one to talk about myself. Tonight, I will allow you three questions. Three questions only about something you would like to know about me. Not about my cousin, the family business, or Luna... me. Then were are to talk about our wedding."