Cracking Down

Twenty minutes later, Giuseppe and Regenia were walking into the DA's Office

Twenty minutes later, Giuseppe and Regenia were walking into the DA's Office. As she predicted, the woman was working late. Presumably, on a case, Berardo threw on her desk. It was obvious to Regenia now because she never understood most of the cases her department took on, but after living the mafia life, she did. However, Samara seemed to be a good person stuck in the wrong place. From what Regenia heard, she had a family, two little boys, and a husband at home. It could've been possible Berardo was using them against her, but she knew the truth. Still, there was a problem; the woman didn't like Regenia and did whatever to get under her skin, but she never knew why.

Today was the day she found out why, as Regenia and Giuseppe walked into the woman's office. Samara's eyes were trained on her computer, and she didn't hear them come in for some reason until the two were at her desk, causing her to almost jump out of her skin. "The fuck! How did you get in here?"

"We have our ways, Samara...."

"And what do they have to do with me?" She asked while Regenia walked around the woman's desk, sitting down in front of her as she pointed at her chair for her to sit. Samara, on the other hand, was looking for ways to run, but Giuseppe stood on the other side of her, and Tommaso and River showed up at the door, causing the woman to swallow hard, nodding as she sat looking at each person in the room.

"How about you place your phone where we can see." Quickly the woman did as she was told, looking at Regenia pleading with her eyes while Genia shrugged, tipping her nails against the desk. "I can't believe you are working with Berardo outta all the people I know. We never saw eye to eye, but you seemed like a good person. How did you sink this low, Samara?"

"I don't know what you are talking about, and you know I can arrest you two... three. All you broke the law, and just because the rich boy's daddy paid off the FEDS doesn't mean I can't bring back up the charges."

"You do that, and I'll see that you and all your little snake friends take the fall with us," Regenia said and placed the file she was holding on the desk. Slowly she opened the file pointing to the picture where Samara was taking money from a well-known drug dealer and murderer... hush money from one of Berardo's men.

"You wouldn't dare... who would you tell Regenia? Better yet, who would listen to you? You're a nobody. The rookie detective that flaked out not even a year in. Do you think you're something now because you helped him escape?" She laughed while Regenia and Giuseppe shared a looked.

"There is a reason you and I never saw eye to eye. It's because you've never been on my level. I don't socialize with people like you... nobodies. Giuseppe, you may have escaped your cell, but your death is still coming. Berardo is coming for you and your family. Let's see who the last one's standing will be." She laughed as Giuseppe looked at Regenia with a wide smile. Without a word, she turned to the television, turning it on with the same smile her husband had.