The Day After

Why Berardo thought it was a good idea to hire someone to do his dirty work, he had no idea

Why Berardo thought it was a good idea to hire someone to do his dirty work, he had no idea. They were useless, and in the end, Giuseppe and his men came out unscathed. He hated people, and Ardo hated relying on others, but he knew he couldn't get the job done alone. Giu still had the family backing him, which included Berardo's father, uncles, mother, and siblings. He knew their loyal men would follow as long as they were on his side. Each time Berardo thought he would come out on top, he would fail, and now some of the US mafias were on his side.

He could reach out to some other mafias in countries like Germany, Scotland, and Japan, but Berardo knew it would be a waste of time. They liked for their hands to stay clean and refused to start a war unless the war was brought to them first. Still, what was the use of having a spy within the inner circle if he was useless, and by now Giuseppe or one of the others had discovered him, which would leave his plan in shambles?

The sad thing was that Berardo knew where his cousin was hiding. As he suspected before, Giuseppe ran back home to regroup and put his plan into play. The man never was the one to sit quietly and just as he was playing his hand. Giuseppe was doing the same thing, slowly taking over New York from behind the scenes. It was a mistake on his behalf to allow Regenia to interrogate him. Berardo thought since the girl wanted to show her power, she would do about anything to put his cousin behind bars, but her pride got the best of her. Or her attraction to Giuse.

It was the one thing he hated about him. He knew how to get the ladies on his side. Giuseppe would give them one of his award-winning smiles, and they would fall at his feet. However, he had never been interested enough to make one of them his wife. Giuseppe was a player that Berardo knew, but something was changing in him. Giuse turned down multiple of his whores... women of his taste. Maybe he wasn't using Regenia to take the throne. The man finally had a weakness besides his children. A woman... a woman beautiful black queen who Berardo was planning on destroying right in front of his face.

A police officer may have raised Regenia, but she wasn't meant for this life. She wasn't a killer, but Berardo was. He cared not if they were innocent or not but if he felt they needed to die. He would kill. Regenia was no different. She was his way of getting to his cousin; killing her would be gold. She was the one thing Giuseppe opened his cold heart to and the one thing he would use to destroy him. In the end, he would be begging him to end his life.