I Care For You

It was officially proven that Giuseppe's family were all jackasses

It was officially proven that Giuseppe's family were all jackasses. Especially the men, their ego was so fucking big it had no limits, and Regenia was so over them. Not even five minutes into their dinner, Senior Giovanni started to speak about their so-called sex life, which didn't exist. Giu did one favor... that she didn't ask for, and he thought it was the world. However, that wasn't the issue. The issue was the old man talking about sex in front of his son, grandson, daughter-in-law, and her. It was about how he used to please women and how long he could go. Then it got Giuseppe and his father going, and Caterina sat there laughing. It wasn't how normal people acted, well, not the normal people Genia was used to, which wasn't many.

It was always something that she regretted not enjoying during her teenage years. Regenia was so wrapped up in following her father's footsteps, leaving no time to make friends except those in the academy or ROTC. That was her fault for training to be the failure the whole precinct wanted her to be. Or was she? Regenia did pull one over on them, which led her to believe she picked the wrong line of work. She was meant for something else. She knew this now. Giuseppe helped her see that, but it was hard to come to terms with what she had done.

Regenia went from being an honest person to helping a criminal. He gave her a confession, and she kept it to herself, and the thing is. She would do it all over again to see the face her captain and co-workers faces when she told them she quit. She had lost everything, her mom, dad, and grandmother, but in the end, she gained Giuseppe and his family. They took her in, knowing who she was, and all they were asking was for her to believe in them. Giuseppe asked for a little more, but it didn't hit Regenia until last night when his grandfather announced they needed to make their engagement known.

Was she ready for that?

No, but Regenia had no choice in the matter, and from what it seemed, neither did Giuseppe. She could see in his eyes that he wasn't ready for everyone to know, but she also could see he was hiding something from her. Something Regenia needed to know, especially if it was about the man who was after the two of them. She could tell Berardo was a pain in the Giu's ass and was beginning to be one in hers. Regenia didn't have to know him that well to know he was one of those people who didn't know how to accept their faith.

Some people didn't get what they wanted in life, especially if they were never meant for it initially. Yes, Berardo talked a lot of games, and he had some of the others in their mafia on his side, but the question was. Could he deliver everything he spoke about? The answer to that was pretty simple. It was no, and he knew it. Sadly, it wouldn't stop him from trying to, and Regenia had seen many folks go down hard that way.

"Hey, Giuseppe...."

"I thought you were looking for a dress Uccellino," Giuseppe spoke, not even looking up from his tablet. Regenia let out a frustrated sigh before touching the man's leg; she hated when he was in work mode and knew what she was supposed to be doing. Although, Regenia could also tell something was bothering him.