Persian Mafia

Regenia was reeling off the night before

Regenia was reeling off the night before. She didn't think having a swearing-in could be so stressful. There were many people there, and the most exciting part was meeting her favorite designers, although she could never afford them until now. Still, she admired them, and it was exciting to see them in person. Also, for a wedding gift, they gifted her one of their newest wedding gowns, and she couldn't be more excited to wear it. That was yesterday, and today, she was running about with Caterina, Arianna, and Milana, putting the finishing touches on her wedding.

"Regenia, did you have any friends back home you want to tell you're getting married?"

"No— I didn't have time to make friends growing up. I thought they would get in the way of my dreams, and the ones I did make were trying to force me into things I didn't want to do." She sighed as Arianna turned to her with a smile. Milana studied her momentarily before catching on to what she was saying.

"Oh, like force you into having sex with someone?"

"Yeah, they were all having sex. I sat back and watched how the boys were doing them. Most would get them to have sex, then turn around and tell their homeboys if it was good. I didn't want to be one of those people, so I made a vow to myself." Suddenly Arianna stopped walking and turned to her again wide-eyed as if she said something wrong.

"YOU A VIRGIN?!"

"Arianna, tell the whole fucking store, will you," Caterina spoke, shaking her head as both women before her seemed surprised. "Now— no, but I was when I met your brother."

"I'm going to kill that slimy muthafucka. I told him not to force you into doing that until you were ready." Caterina whispered, taking out her phone and about to call Giuseppe until Regenia nicely placed a hand on hers. She smiled, shaking her head and letting out a heavy sigh.

"I cannot believe he told you all that I was a virgin—"

"Actually, he told his Padre you were a virgin, and he told me. Then, being the loving Madre, I am, I went to my figlio and threatened him." Regenia laughed; she couldn't believe Caterina would do something like that for her, but she appreciated it. Genia loved how much they cared for her and felt the same about them.

"He didn't force me. It was my choice. Giuseppe would have talked me out of it if I had let him. I took your advice— You told me to stop hiding my feelings, and I did."

"Are you pregnant yet?"

"WHAT!? NO! Arianna, where did that come from?" Regenia asked as she laughed, touching her belly and whispering she wanted another niece or nephew. "Well, have your own baby, Arianna. I mean, I want children, and I made that clear to Giuseppe, although he thinks you and his father put me up to it."

"Yeah, we've been on his case about getting you pregnant as soon as he can after you're married, of course. Mafioso's laws state that Don and Donna must produce an heir within a year of the marriage." She spoke as Regenia looked down at the floor in thought. She knew Giuseppe had told her this, but she had doubts she hadn't talked to anyone about it.