Who's Next...

"I can't believe that asshole!" Berardo yelled, smashing everything in sight

"I can't believe that asshole!" Berardo yelled, smashing everything in sight. "They did this shit on fucking purpose! How dare they call Anthony back to Italy! He was my main inside man, and now he is returning home because our Zio ordered it!" He screamed as he continued his rampage. Now he knew Giovanni had something up his sleeve, and he didn't like it. Giuseppe and Regenia had to go, and now there was only one way to make it happen.

Quickly Berardo reached for his phone, searching through it. There were a couple of hitmen he could have called. One could have been Seyven if he hadn't burned his bridges with the young boy. Then his eyes fell on Jayce. He could have used him as well, but the man had aligned himself with his cousin because of one fuck up he didn't like. Berardo worked dirty, and most didn't like how he did his betting. The others were too scared to walk away, so it left him calling another mafia. Still, he wasn't too sure they would help.

Sadly, Berardo couldn't stand the thought of his little cousin becoming Don, and it seemed his Zio and the others were trying to make it happen faster than they should. Yes, it was long overdue. Giuseppe should have been Don in his early twenties, but Giovanni didn't see the need. The man was well in his prime years and still had the energy of his son. To Berardo, he was still the same. He was quick thinking and didn't think twice the night at the engagement party before shooting in his direction. Sure enough, if he had been a few seconds faster, Berardo would have been dead.

Except that wasn't the case. Berardo lived to see another day. With that, he would make the most of it and see through with his plan. He was sure by the end of the year, he would have the Romano Mafia in his palms, and the only sad ending would be his cousin and uncles dying. If he was lucky, he had the perfect person to help as he sat and waited for them to answer the phone.

'Hello.'

'Do you know how you brighten my day with your beautiful voice?'

'Berardo, what the hell do you want?'

She was such a hell-raiser, and Berardo loved it. Charlotte was the only person he knew who hated Giuseppe as much as he did. It was told he killed her dear daddy and left her to take over. She had no Don and was fearless. A lot feared her, but to Berardo, she was a toy... a tool to use, and he did whenever he could. Still, if the truth got out that he was the one that killed her father, she would come for his head.

'You, of course— I hit a bit of a bump and need your help.'

'Of course, you do, Ardo. That is the only time you call. Never check in on your daughter only when you need help. What is it this time?'

'I need one of your hitmen. I'm finally going after Giuseppe—'

'No...'

'Excuse me?'

'I said no. I'm not getting in the middle of your family drama Ardo. I know what you are doing, and I'm not about to go down with you. I have our daughter to think about. She can survive with her deadbeat father dead but not without her mother. Tell me, why would I work with the man that disgraced me? Giuseppe is not my enemy... you are.'