Swearing-In (Part II)

Giuseppe should have known his family would do something crazy to see if Regenia was meant for this life

Giuseppe should have known his family would do something crazy to see if Regenia was meant for this life. Maybe he was wrong to think his uncle had proven her worthy, but his little sister and female cousins had to be sure. It was their first-time meeting Regenia, and like all siblings and cousins, they didn't think she was good enough for Giuseppe. Still, Regenia had yet to meet Berardo's siblings. Anthony and Francesca, but neither of them liked their brother. Anthony pretended to, so he could get information out of the man, and Francesca stayed as far away from the man as she could. Not that Giuseppe could blame the woman. Also, he had one more uncle who decided to show his face tonight, and he was eyeing his fiancée like she was his prey.

"Zio Angelo, see something you like?"

"Giuseppe, my boy! Sì, Sì, la tua fidanzata è bellissima. Ho sempre saputo che ce l'avevi in te. (Yes, yes, your fiancée is beautiful. I always knew you had it in you.). The love for black women and curves... all of those beautiful curves. Do you know how much I miss your Zia...and your cousins? I hate that horrible crash that took away my precious family. Keep her close, figlio, and please let me be involved in your children's lives." He sighed as Giuseppe patted his shoulder. Angelo was his father's youngest brother. Fifteen years older than he was, and his family died in a car crash two years ago.

He blamed himself, which was his fault for driving after he had been drinking. However, he ran their car into a tree killing his wife and two children. Two years later, he was still feeling the pressure, and this was his first time back in Italy after it happened. "You are welcome to see my children whenever you like, Zio. Tell me, have you done what I asked of you?"

"I did; Regenia's birth mother agreed to attend your wedding. I didn't tell her all of the detail; as you know, I left that for you and your beautiful wife to do. I'm proud of you, Giuseppe. She's a rare jewel, and I don't think I ever witness you smile as much as you do now. What became of your baby's mother?" Angelo asked as he turned to him with a smile. Luna was back at one of their warehouses, awaiting her death. After their wedding, he was about to show Regenia how to torture, and Luna would be her first target.

"Death is waiting for her now. She tried to use my children against Regenia. Beating my son because she thought I would think my sweet Uccellino was doing it, but we were two steps ahead of her." He spoke as his father walked up, pulling Angelo into a tight hug before kissing both of his cheeks.

"Mio Fratello... Oh, come mi sei mancato. (My brother... Oh, how I missed you.)."

"The great Giovanni is missing someone... mai (never)." He laughed, making Giuseppe. "The tumor must have you crazy for real."

"Nonsense, but figlio, we must get this thing started. Let's hurry before one of your Zia's gets drunk. We don't need them embarrassing us. Our three new allies are here; we must show them a wonderful time." Giovanni spoke, dragging him to the front of the room as he grabbed a glass and tapped his blade against it to get everyone's attention.