Disloyal

After landing in Rome, Regenia was escorted to a beautiful home in the county

After landing in Rome, Regenia was escorted to a beautiful home in the county. It had only been a day, but for miles, the only thing she could see was grape vines fields and suited-up men guarding the place. She saw quickly there was no way out, and she had made a deal with the devil himself. Genia should have known better to believe she needed to marry this man for protection. However, that was beside the point. She should have known better than to help him in the first place. She felt like he was showing her this person he wanted her to feel sorry for, only to stab her in the back.

Everything was confusing at this point. It had her question everything that led up to this point, like could it have been Romano who hired the police officers that attacked her, or was this his plan all along? To make her feel like he was in danger so Regenia could help him. He somehow hid that his sister was coming to visit him in prison. Then Berardo is so hell-bent on killing the man. Could it be that he is the one who is scared of Giuseppe, knowing that he is evil and the cold-blooded killer they all were making him out to be?

He did show her a completely different person on the plane when she refused to marry him. It was scary, but this was Regina's freedom they were speaking of. What did he want from her? Regenia knew she couldn't, probably, but his type. Giu said it myself; he liked Italian women. Model-type Italian women and Regenia didn't come close to what he sought. She knew she was beautiful, everyone told her so, but she wasn't to be someone's second choice while the man she married ran about doing what he pleased.

Maybe the best thing was to let Giuseppe send her back to New York or try and find a way back there herself. There was no way she would let this man use her, and there was no way she was staying for it to happen, and she hadn't seen Giuseppe since the day they landed. It was Regenia's chance while he was still out to run as she quickly found a bag, stuffing what she could inside, and ran out the back. Genia had no idea where she was going, but she would find her way somehow, and to her luck, she found a garage and a car running car in which she jumped in hiding in the back seat.

Moments later, two men got in the front speaking in Italian and talking about how they had to go to town to fetch food as if they were a maid. They also spoke about how they hated the fact Giuseppe was back and how they hoped Berardo would have killed him by now. One even spoke of calling the man and warning him about how alive Giuseppe was and how he had brought her back to Italy with him. "La puttana è un maiale. Ti avevo detto che Giuseppe stava lavorando con loro. Lui e suo padre sono sleali nei confronti del codice e vogliono sposarla. Guarda a lei. Lui potrebbe fare di meglio. (The whore is a pig. I told you that Giuseppe was working with them. He and his father are unfair to the code and want to marry her. Look at her. He could do better.)."

"Lo so, non mi inchinerei mai a lei o lui. Berardo dovrebbe essere il prossimo Don.... Giuseppe è preoccupato di giocare in sicurezza. È come se non capisse. Siamo mafiosi in sicurezza dovrebbe essere la nostra ultima preoccupazione. (I know, I would never bow to her or him. Berardo should be the next Don.... Giuseppe is worried about playing safely. It is as if he does not understand. We are mobsters safely should be our last concern.)." The other one spoke with a sigh.