Meeting the Parents

Berardo couldn't believe his little cousin pulled one over on him

Berardo couldn't believe his little cousin pulled one over on him. He knew placing the lead on Giuseppe's case was a mistake, and if the little slut had done her job and turned in the evidence as planned, everything would be in place by now. All he needed was for Giuse to stay in prison a little longer for the right person to come along and kill the bastard while he slept. But that couldn't be. Giuseppe had to work his charm on the detective, working her over to his side as he had done her father. All he did was promise to pay his wife's medical bills. He could only wonder what he had promised the daughter.

It couldn't have been sex. Berardo heard from the other cops and the man she had been dating the past year; she was a virgin. It was hard to believe with a body like hers. Yes, she was plus size but with shape. Hips, ass, and thighs with a small waist. He would have loved to wreak her little pussy, but big women weren't his type. Ardo loved women of all races, but he had a type, and Regenia, wasn't it.

However, he didn't see her as a threat until she refused to turn over the documents to convict Giuseppe and thought if his men roughed her up a little, it would scare her into it. How wrong was he? All that was made the woman run straight into his cousin's arms while helping him escape. Berardo was supposed to be the one running Manhattan, and no one was supposed to question him. Although he soon realized there were a lot of people that didn't follow his lead. The warren was one, and also the commissioner who turned a blind eye when Giuseppe and his little whore went missing, but he knew not to cross him otherwise.

The worst part was he was led to believe his cousin was dead, which only meant Giuseppe was somewhere regrouping. His guess was that the man had, when back home, since he wasn't in any of his known locations in New York or the little detective's home, leading him to believe he had left with his little sister, whom Ardo should have known was helping. Arianna always stayed close to Giuseppe, but it never occurred to him the girl was doing her brother's dirty work, since she was always hellbent on staying out of the way.

He didn't get it. Why was it so important for them to follow the mafia's rules? They had certain boundaries and ways to do things because they were scared of getting caught. Berardo always hated those rules; they got them nowhere, and in his mind, he thought it was time to cut loose from those rules. After, he planned to make everyone bow to him. Not just Italy... the world. Yeah, there were other mafias out in the world, and some were bigger than them. Berardo knew not to challenge them, but it was different. This was his family, and he planned to kill them all.