Untrusted

What the fuck was happening? One moment Berardo was learning about his cousin's engagement, then the next, it was about his damn engagement party

What the fuck was happening? One moment Berardo was learning about his cousin's engagement, then the next, it was about his damn engagement party. Giuseppe was set to marry within the week. Why was he moving so damn fast? It had to be a plot for him to come after the fool, and he wasn't about to follow suit. Ardo wasn't an idiot, although his cousin may think he was. Still, he needed eyes and ears on the inside, and Berardo had lost all contact with his inside man. It told him Giuseppe knew he was a spy and wouldn't be long before he killed the man. Now he had to produce a new plan—a better one than before as he hand slimed over his phone.

"Perfetto," he smiled, quickly dialing the number. Berardo had no doubt this person wouldn't help. They wanted Regenia out of the way as much as they wanted Giuseppe dead. If he could work at them, maybe they could help him kill two birds with one stone. Then he would allow them to rule by his side. He only needed a Donna and nothing else.

'Please do tell me what you want, Berardo.'

'What? No hello. Long time no see. How about a simple, how are you doing, Berardo.'

'I have one even better. Go to hell, Figlio di puttana (son of a bitch), and lose my fucking number!'

'Oh, is the whore mad? I can make it better if you allow me five minutes of your time Luna?'

'No....'

'I can help you get Giuseppe back if you help me win over the Bella he is set to marry.' The line went silent momentarily, and Berardo could hear the woman take a deep breath. He was winning her over, which caused a smile to creep to his lips.

'What do you have in mind?'

'See, I knew you still loved my cousin. Trust me, he loved you too at one point, but you had to be a whore. However, that is in the past, and I promise you my plan will work. All I need for you to do is deliver Regenia some papers. It will tell her everything she needs to know about the man she is about to marry. The many things he has done, and I promise her inner cop will come out and play.'

'Okay, for my children, I'll play your little game Berardo, and this better work, or I'm calpestando le tue palle (trampling your balls).'

'Cazzo, you're such a violent woman....'

'Addio, Berardo.' Berardo knew he could get Luna on his side, but he still had a problem. She was only good for one thing, which was working at Regenia. He needs another man on the inside. One that he could trust, one that could hide within the crowd. He tried his little cousin but should have known he wouldn't go against his brother. Berardo had another person, but it was a long shot, but he at least had to try.

 Berardo had another person, but it was a long shot, but he at least had to try