Punishment

Giuseppe was on a mission; he was tired of being what his men thought was soft-hearted and kind to them

Giuseppe was on a mission; he was tired of being what his men thought was soft-hearted and kind to them. If they wanted a ruthless leader, it was what they were about to get, but they wouldn't live to see it. The bad thing was Giu knew he worked with a bunch of sketchy men, but he never thought they would turn against him the way they did. Although his men in New York didn't surprise him because he knew deep down they were all working for Berardo.

He only thought if he watched his back, he could get by. All of this was crazy, and it was hard for him to believe that the men who had worked for his father for as long as he could remember would turn on them with the snap of Berardo's fingers. There had to be more behind it. Someone else within their family was helping him. Giuseppe knew for sure it wasn't his uncle. Davide wasn't a man that would challenge his brother, he was ruthless but not crazy, but his son seemed to be.

Berardo had everything. He was set to become Giuseppe's underboss and rule New York as his prize. Giu was only there to help along the way. Of course, he wasn't about to live in Manhattan; Giuseppe loved his home too much to leave it behind. He had his children here, his beautiful mother, then there was his father, and the idiots that so happened to be his siblings, although his little sister had followed him to New York. Still, everything he needed was in one spot, and he would go to the ends of the world to protect the ones he loved. The family was number one to him, so he always believed in the saying, 'Blood is thicker than water.'

In this case, blood meant shit to him.

His cousin was going to die, or he would die protecting his family. Berardo knew the code, and he was breaking all the fucking rules. The biggest one of all was going against your mafioso. He had strayed away from his purpose and dishonored his Don. Because of that, he would die, and Giuseppe couldn't wait to get his hands on him.

"Capo, something happened at the warehouse. I heard it was an explosion... are our men okay?"

"Um, answer me a question, soldier. Which side are you on... answer carefully between. It will decide your faith." Giu spoke as the man looked at him, concerned. His question confused him, but it didn't save him from his wrath. He needs verbal confirmation.

"Yours, sir; who else side would I be on?"

"Good, but let me find out you lied to me, and your brains will be on the outside of your head. How many of the others are working against me?"

"Is that a trick question, sir? I know the code; snitching leaves us dead...."

"Snitching today will save your life. So, choose wisely... what will it be?" Giuseppe asked as he helped his gun to the man's head. He noticed the young man started to sweat as he rubbed his arms, thinking what to do next. Slowly, Giu took the safety off the gun with a click while the man in front of him opened his mouth and closed it for a moment.

"Steven and Matteo's whole crew. I heard them talking before your return about how they wanted to kill Don and help Capo Berardo take over the mafia. Last night they talked about killing your bride-to-be, how she was a pig, and we couldn't trust her or you. Sir, that's all I know."