Fail Attempt

Why did Giuseppe listen to his parents? He should have killed Berardo the second he saw him, but his father advised him differently

Why did Giuseppe listen to his parents? He should have killed Berardo the second he saw him, but his father advised him differently. Now they were sitting in a waiting room praying his sweet Uccellino had no serious injuries. He promised he would protect her, and this was what his protection got her. Shot at their fucking engagement party by the one man that should have been dead by now. Still, Ardo got away because everyone in the room except for the ones that chased after him was focused on making sure Regenia was okay beside him.

One good thing came out of it all. Berardo made himself an enemy of their family. The way they saw it was he was a traitor now, and there was no holding back from killing him. He was free range, and Giuseppe would ensure he took full advantage of the situation; after he and Regenia married, Berardo would be the first one he took down. Killing him was the only thing he could think of. Giuseppe wanted him dead now more than ever.

"You're going to burn a fucking hole in the floor, Giuse; sit down."

"I can't. They are taking a long fucking time in there— what if something is wrong? She was shot near the heart... fuck, he was aiming to kill her... if-if River wasn't standing where he was, it could have been fatal." He spoke, pacing the room while he bit his nails. It was a bad habit Giuseppe had when he worried or was in thinking mode. Right now, his mind was clouded by all the wrong things that could've been happening in surgery with Regenia. Three hours had passed, and there was no word about her condition. Once again, Giuseppe found himself in a place of worrying about something he didn't normally do.

"Figlio, we are all worried, and you are not helping it. I'm happy to see you let down your guard a little and let someone in your ice-filled heart, but this isn't working. Sit your ass down if something is wrong; I'm sure if something were wrong, your Zio would have sent someone to tell us by now. Regenia is a strong woman."

Giuseppe knew this, but it didn't stop him from worrying about his little bird. As his father said, she was the first-person Giuseppe opened his heart to, and he wasn't ready to lose her. He had big plans for their relationship, which involved long vacations, children... at least three more for him, and waking up with her by his side until he left this earth. Giuseppe had to leave before she did, or it would all be for nothing. Regegnia had become his world, and Giuseppe didn't know if he could live without her. Some in his family would have said it was sickening, but he loved it.

"Listen to your Padre Giuseppe. I know how it feels to think the worse of things when the one you love is in a situation like this. The best thing to do is be strong for both of you. I've only known Regenia for a few days but can tell she's a fighter." Aaron spoke as his Zio Mario walked into the room. His face was emotionless, causing Giuseppe's heart to drop.

"Giuse—"

"Tell me she's alright!" His words came out almost as a cry while his Zio glared at him for a moment, then shook his head, making him think the worse as he spoke again. "You weren't lying, Fratello. Regenia broke through the ice." He spoke to his father before turning back to him with a smile. Giuseppe wanted to know if his love was okay, not about his heart of ice.