Too Good to be True

"Our plan is ruined," Regenia spoke as Giuseppe typed away on his laptop

"Our plan is ruined," Regenia spoke as Giuseppe typed away on his laptop. She was worried, and he acted as if nothing was going on. They only had a few people on their side in Manhattan, but Berardo's forces stretched to New York City, then more. His cousin fucked up, running her mouth, which ended in her fucking up their plans. Genia knew there was no way they could win this fight unless her husband knew something she didn't.

"Giuseppe—" She spoke as he continued to ignore her. The man was pissing her off, and she wasn't going to stand there and take it. Regenia got up and slammed his laptop shut without thinking twice, nearly catching his fingers. Something she should've thought twice about because the next thing she knew, Regenia was on her back, and Giuseppe was on top of her. "You're looking to get punished. Aren't you?"

"I don't like being ignored," Genia said as Giuseppe arched a brow and slowly started kissing down her neck. "Do it seems like I'm ignoring you now?" It wasn't what Regenia meant by being ignored. She didn't want sex; she wanted to know their next moves. Regenia knew Berardo was about to come after them with all he had, and very few of them were in New York.

"No, but you know this isn't what I meant by ignoring me, Baby—"

"I know you want to know our next moves. It would help if you didn't worry, Uccellino. You have our little one in there; too much stress for momma is bad for the baby. I want my piccolo angelo (little angel) and her beautiful Madre to be healthy." Giuseppe spoke, kissing his way down to her belly as he placed a single kiss there and hugged her tightly.

"But we are going at this blindly... how do you know it's a girl?"

"I never said we were having a girl— I said my little angel, which could be a boy or a girl." He laughed, making Genia roll her eyes with a smile. "We're not doing it mindlessly, Tesoro. Our allies have our backs. Charlotte is already in place; she wants the man dead as bad as we do." He shrugged, rolling over with a sigh.

"What did he do to her?"

"A lot. False promises that he failed to deliver, and he killed her father. Something he tried to pin on me. It was fun and games to Berardo until Char became pregnant like always; he demanded she got rid of the child and fled when she didn't. Sadly, the man doesn't even know his daughter's name or her exact age." Giuseppe said, making Regenia shake her head.

"How many children does he have?" She asked, making Giuse turn to her with a serious face. Regenia was afraid to hear the answer to her question. Although now she was curious to know. "Did I tell Berardo was married?" Regenia shook her head, making the man laugh while nodding his.

"Berardo love using women. He has a taste for foreign women and met this Irish girl when he was away in a boarding school. Like many men, he sweet-talked his way into her pant and convinced her to marry him because he thought it was his way to make himself Don. She is innocent and didn't know anything about the mafia life— almost like you. The difference was he didn't try to teach her; every time Ardo thought she did something wrong, he would beat her. She ended up having four children with him, all he didn't beat out of her. In all, Berardo has about fourteen to sixteen children. I lost count after Char had Thalia."