Upon Death

"How are we to do this?" Giovanni asked Giuseppe as he slowly turned to his father

"How are we to do this?" Giovanni asked Giuseppe as he slowly turned to his father. He wasn't quite ready to announce this marriage to the world, and it had only been an hour since their wedding. He and Regenia were getting ready for their reception which they decided to have at his parents' home beside the place they planned, and it was closer to the warehouse. To Giuseppe, it was safer, especially when they had others out for their heads. Although Shah was an easy fix, he couldn't trust the man until they could meet.

"I am not announcing our union until we reach New York, Padre. I want Berardo to think we are on our honeymoon as my Uccellino and I attack his camp. We all know how he thinks. Berardo will head straight to Bora Bora, or here thinking he will take us out while unguarded as we even the playing field." He spoke while his father and uncles looked at him like he was crazy. On the other hand, his Nonno clapped, stating that he agreed with his plan.

"Your figlio is right. We need to neutralize Berardo first by turning his main allies against him. Before going on your honeymoon, you and Regenia need to make a stop. Shah—"

"Shah is here now." The man spoke, walking into his office like he owned the place. Quickly the men in the room pulled their weapons until Giuseppe held up his hand, stepping closer to the man. He wanted to kill him where he stood for going after his sweet Regenia, but they needed him as an ally. He was played by Berardo, many of them were, but he had proof of his lies, and Giuse was going to use it. "I don't see my daughter. Therefore, I don't understand why you call me here."

"You will," Regenia said, making Giuseppe smile, seeing her change but still looking sexy as ever. He couldn't lie; she was the light of his world and proved herself to be Donna every day. Swiftly she snapped her fingers, and Anthony walked in with the man's daughter. Apparently, Berardo paid the girl to run away to Italy so he could frame Giuseppe. One thing he had forgotten to calculate was his wife used to be a detective, and she used those skills to find the woman in question.

It was the first time Giuseppe had seen the girl, and he saw why Kaveh was upset to think he had his daughter. The girl was barely eighteen and frightened after seeing her father standing in the middle of the floor. There was no way Giu was about to let Ardo get away with this, pinning a kidnapping on him, especially with a girl this young. "Your daughter Shah, but since my wife and I had to go out of our way on our wedding day, you are going to owe me—"

"Owe, you for kidnapping my daughter?!"

"Daria, would you care to tell your Padre who is responsible for you being here in my country? I don't take lies lightly, especially for kidnapping a barely eighteen-year-old girl. That's not my style. If— if I had a problem with you, Shah, I would've came at you head-on, not your daughter. As I fucking said, you will owe me... for two reasons. For going after my wife and blaming me for this." Giuseppe spoke, glaring at the young girl that tried to look everywhere but him and her father. He felt Berardo was holding something over the girl's head. Maybe he threatened to kill her father or, knowing Ardo; he was sleeping with her.