Ti amo

Music blasted through the club's speakers while Giuseppe sat back and enjoyed himself

Music blasted through the club's speakers while Giuseppe sat back and enjoyed himself. He never knew freedom could feel so good, but things like this changed his view after being locked up and on the run for a while. Giu was lucky to be where he was, and without his little bird, he would still be behind bars or, even worse... dead. It was sad how family could turn against you for nothing; truly, it was something he could never do. Giu loved his family and cousin, but it was clear Berardo only loved two things. That was power and himself.

Things that would get you nowhere, which was something his cousin had yet to learn. For Christ's Sake, he was six years older than Giuseppe, which made Ardo forty-one, and he went on like a teenager—raging about what should be his when it shouldn't have been a question of the matter. Clearly, this throne was meant for Giuseppe; his father was the one they called Boss, but jealousy was at play. Berardo wanted Giu's life since they were little; and hated that his mother was absent. The woman was always on the go, and his father did the best he could for him and his siblings. That was until the fatal accident that took one of them away.

An accident he caused to his little sister since that day, Giuseppe never really trusted the man, and it was for a reason. He watched his cousin take his little cousin's life, and he could do nothing about it. Shit like that fucks up one's mind, and against his better judgment, Giuseppe blocked it out. He also knew if Berardo were ruthless enough to murder his own sister, he would do the same to his family. Giuseppe just wasn't the one to sit around and wait. He was going to strike first and win.

It was how it had to be. Any other way could mean his death, and Giuseppe wasn't ready for it. "Look," Jayce spoke, causing Giu's head to snap in the direction in which he was nodding to. Some unknown men watched them as they enjoyed themselves. He could tell they weren't his cousin's men but were looking to start some shit.

"What about them? You know who they are?"

"Nah, I noticed they've been over there for some time staring like they had a problem. I'm not the other to start shit... but if they want some. I'm down." Giuseppe couldn't agree more. He hated people staring in his face, which was why he always kept his head down. He was taught to move in silence and silence those who knew about him.

"Leave them be until they are men enough to come to start some shit. Let them look." Hakeem spoke, studying the facial expression of the man across from him. Noah knew who they were as he glared with his hand resting on his Glock. He was ready for action, and Giuseppe wasn't about to be caught slacking as he sat in his lap.

"Berardo is still in New York, right?" Giuseppe nodded while Jayce returned to his phone, scrolling through some things. "There's this dude I know from there, a hitman that goes by the name Seyven... I don't know if it's his real name, but he's good at what he does. Maybe we can get him onboard." All of it sounds good, but Giuseppe wasn't convinced. Berardo had New York under his thumb, and Seyven possibly was one of his men. This had to be done right, and he also didn't want someone else taking his kill.