Chapter 1

This is a tale of two humans. Superhumans. Superhero and supervillain. 

Our villain is named Professor Chaos. Real name: Leopold 'Butters' Stotch. When he was 13 a scientist injected him with a serum, in hopes of finding out the limits of the human body. Electric power surged through his veins. He escaped, killing the scientist. When he returned to his home he lost control and killed his parents. He has lived in fear of hurting others for so long that he decided to stop running from his power. If he was going to hurt people, he might as well make a living off of it. He joined an underground group of the evilest minds in his area, a group called JNPR (Pronounced juniper). He became their lapdog and their secret weapon.

Our hero is named Mysterion. Real name: Kenny McCormick. His parents went to a cult meeting one night when his mother was pregnant with him. Now, every time he dies, he 'respawns' back in his bed. He cannot be killed. Rather than dreading his ability, he made use of it. Fighting evil for his defenseless town. The only things that matter to him are justice, and his younger sister, Karen McCormick.

Kenny lived in a small condo on the bad side of town. He never got to make much money. He lives off his part-time fast food job and the money the town rewards him for being a hero. 

In a room that used to be a kitchen, Kenny gazes at a wall of pictures with red string. On the top of the wall the word JNPR sits in bold letters. He has been trying to bring down this organization for 10 years now. He has small leads toward the identities of leaders of the organization, but they all ended up being dead ends. The only face JNPR ever shows is Professor Chaos. They had met a few times, but Chaos was a master of escape, Kenny either got killed or the professor got away every time.

Kenny sips his coffee, he has a small clip holding his blonde hair out of his face. "Who are you, Chaos?"

Kenny had received an anonymous tip that Chaos would be at the old factory tonight. His inner voice told him this was a trap, but he couldn't take any chances. Even if he walks straight into death, he may find SOME clue that leads him further down the road to success.

Kenny sighs and changes into his dark purple costume. He realized a long time ago that this outfit made him look extremely gay, but he had already built an image for himself, and he needed to keep it. He slips on his mask to hide his identity and leaps out the window, sliding down the water pipes outside of his rundown building. 

Mysterion arrives at the old factory, it's quiet, too quiet. Was the note lying? Mysterion slowly walks through the property.

"AGH!" A sharp pain shoots through his leg. He just stepped into a bear trap.