Chapter 21

When Leo gets home he peels his burnt costume off of his skin. "Ouch... This hurts... It feels like my skin is going to fall off."

Once his costume is off he looks in the mirror. His entire left arm is burnt red. It wasn't as bad as he had initially thought, but it definitely wasn't good. He could heal open wounds but not burns. He would have to wait for it to heal naturally.

He finds some ointment and rubs it into his arm. Then he wraps his arm in a long white bandage to keep it hidden in case Mysterion comes to visit him.

*Ding dong*

"Doorbell? It's not time for my food delivery yet..."

Leo puts on some clothes and opens his door.

"Kenny?"

"Hey, Leo... Can I come in?"

"Uh, sure..."

"Thanks... Did you see that explosion?"

"I did."

"My house was in that. I don't exactly have a place to stay and I can't afford a hotel. Would you mind if I stayed here? I promise I wouldn't be asking if I had any other choice."

"Okay, stay as long as you need to." Leo felt a tremendous amount of guilt. If he had known Kenny's house was in that area he might've tried to do less damage at least.

"Thank you! You're a lifesaver."

Kenny steps in and sets his bag on the floor. "Where should I sleep?"

"I have a guest room, it's never been used so it's just kinda a bed and some blankets... I hope that will be okay."

"It will. It's better than the one I had at home, I just had a dirty old mattress."

Kenny goes to the guest room and sits on the bed. It's soft and comfortable. He would probably sleep exceptionally well.

Leo starts to make some coffee. He made it a special way, Mysterion had tried it before and he liked it so Leo hoped Kenny would too. He looks around to make sure Kenny wouldn't see how he makes it.

He gets the coffee grounds and pours them into a bowl. Then he uses a light amount of electricity to add energy to the grounds, frying them just a little bit. Then he pours them into the coffee maker and checks on Kenny.

Kenny is laying flat on his bed, staring at the ceiling. Leo leans against the door frame. "How's the bed?"

"So good... I'm in heaven."

Leo giggles, "I'm glad! I'm making coffee when you want to get up."

Kenny remembers the coffee he had with Leo before. He gets up, excited to have more. He was happy to be at Leo's house, all that had been weighing on his mind was lifted off when he was around Leo.

"You're really nice..." Kenny gets a bit sad. Knowing someone as nice as Leo was being taken advantage of by JNPR pissed him off. He vowed at that moment that he would save Leo from JNPR, however he could.

Leo holds up a mug filled with coffee and smiles, "Give it a taste!"

Kenny takes it and sips, "So good... What do you put in here?"

"It's a secret."

Kenny laughs, that's the same response he got as Mysterion.