Chapter 20

Leo gets woken up by a call early in the morning. He was upset because he had finally gotten to sleep just an hour ago.

"Hello?"

"It's me."

"Boss?"

"We have an emergency mission for you, please come down to the parlor as soon as possible."

He hangs up before Leo can respond.

"It's too early..."

-

Chaos sits in his boss's office, waiting for him. His boss was never late for a meeting, so he was a bit concerned.

"Ah, my child. I apologize for my being late. As you might have assumed, our company is facing some... issues."

"Yeah..."

"Well. Luckily we have you. We need you to destroy a neighborhood. It's just the poor part of town, so not many people will care, but there is supposedly a lab somewhere down there that could pose a threat. Our scanners are telling us that great power is created there. Every week around the same time there will be a surge. Someone with this tech could jam our advanced systems. Just go down and destroy some homes, yes?"

"But sir, the people who live there..."

"We will get them out, we need our suspects alive. You just need to destroy the homes."

"Understood..."

"Good, Please go now. We will issue an evacuation warning for the area. We will also set up cameras to capture the faces of everyone who evacuates. Hopefully, we get a lead."

"Okay. I'll be off then sir."

-

Chaos sits on top of a run-down building's roof. He sees a flood of people exiting the area. Once he thinks everyone is out he begins his work. He sends lightning down the building he was on, toppling it onto other houses.

"First batch done..."

Then he finds the gas pipes that connect to each house in the area. If he hits this the area will blow.

"This is gonna hurt real bad..."

He slowly sets his hand on the pipe and closes his eyes, preparing for the blast.

-

Kenny was ordered to leave his home suddenly. He grabbed his costume and some important items to put in a briefcase. Once he was out of the area he sees his apartment building slowly falling.

"What the fuck??"

Gasps can be heard all around him from residents. Some people are crying, some are yelling, and some run away. It was a mess.

"What is happening? Is it an attack? Or is it just the old building finally giving way?" He watches closely as a big puff of dust rises into the sky. The damage was obvious.

Kenny scowls and looks down, he didn't have anywhere else to go. His only family was his sister, but she lived out of town and Kenny needed to stay in the city to keep Chaos in check.

A loud boom fills the area, making Kenny's ears ring. A flash of light pops into the sky. His neighborhood has just blown up. If anyone was still left inside they would surely be dead now.

Kenny squints at the explosion, scanning for people. He sees a small stream of blue light flash across the explosion and away from the area.

"Chaos... I should've known..."