Chapter 32

Leo sobs into Kenny for almost an hour, the entire time Kenny reassures Leo that he is going to be okay and that he is safe.

Leo sits up and uses his long sleeve to wipe his face, "I'm sorry..."

"Shut up. Don't be sorry. You are allowed to feel emotions."

"Sorry..."

Kenny rolls his eyes and pats Leo on the head, "I'm sorry too. I seriously messed you up earlier. I patched up surface wounds but you're probably gonna end up with some bruises..."

"It's okay, I heal fast. It's part of my power."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I don't exactly know how it works I just know it does."

"So that's how you always got away safely when we fought..."

"Does it hurt when I kill you?"

"Yeah, I still feel all the pain, the only difference is that I wake up in my bed every time as if nothing happened."

"Sorry... I know my power doesn't exactly tickle..."

Kenny laughs, "No, it doesn't. But it's okay. I have a high pain tolerance."

"That makes sense... Will all your muscle..." Leo reaches out to Kenny. "Can I feel?"

"Sure."

Leo places both his hands on Kenny's chest, then he slides down, feeling his abs. His hands slide all over Kenny, up and down his arms and onto his thighs.

"Leo..."

"Sorry, should I stop..."

"No, I just... If you do keep going I'm gonna get hard."

Leo blushes and sits back, "Right... sorry..."

"It's okay, trust me. Stop apologizing. You haven't done anything wrong."

"I killed people."

"No, JNPR killed people. You just were unfortunate enough to be a puppet. That blood isn't on your hands."

Leo curls up into a ball and begins to think about everything, so much had happened, was he really free now?

"Shit..."

"What?"

"Do you have a knife?"

"Why?"

Leo points to his neck, "In here. There's a device that they can use to disable me. I think I should cut it out, they might be able to track me..."

"Okay, I can try to do that... I need to know exactly where it is though, I don't want to hurt you in places that aren't necessary."

"I think I can pinpoint it, when I use a certain amount of power it buzzes, I just need to feel for the buzz."

"Okay, I'll get something to cut it out. Will you be okay? It's gonna hurt."

"Physical pain is temporary."

"If you say so."

Kenny searches through his kitchen, he finds the smallest, sharpest knife he can. He cleans it to disinfect it then returns to Leo.

"Do you have a battery or something?"

"Just small ones."

"It should work."

Leo gets the batteries and holds five in each hand.

"I want you to put your hand on my neck, you are the one cutting it out so you need to know where it is, just feel around for a buzz, it should be easy to find."

"Got it."

Kenny places his hand on Leo's neck and gives him a nod.

"Here goes nothing."

Leo concentrates all his power into his hands and the batteries, and the power surges, he is able to keep building it up. He feels a slight buzz in his neck.

Kenny's hand tightens. A buzz can be felt on the lower left side of Leo's neck. "Found it!"

He cuts in as quickly as he can. The knife hits a small chip in Leo's neck.

"AHH!" Leo bites his lip to try and stay quiet.

"Almost..."

He pulls it out and puts a piece of cloth against the wound. "Got it..."

"Ugh... god damn..."

"Are you okay?"

Leo is sweating and breathing heavily, "Ugh... I think so... it just hurts..."

"I told you."