Chapter 22

"I have some food being delivered in about an hour. You can make yourself at home until then. The remote to the TV is on the couch and you can help yourself to anything in the fridge."

"What are you gonna do?"

"Shower, I didn't get to shower yesterday and I feel gross."

"Okay. I'll just hang out then."

-

The doorbell rings while Leo is still in the shower. A man in a suit is at the front door when Kenny answers. He is holding a paper bag, "Leopold?"

"That's me. Thanks." Kenny takes the food and shuts the door. 

The man outside speaks into his watch. "There's a second bird in the cage, Boss."

Kenny sets the bag on the counter and unpacks it. A few containers with rice and chicken are inside. Leo comes out just in time to see the food being taken out.

"Oh, hey Leo. Someone came by to deliver the food so I answered the door."

"What?"

"I got the food..?"

"You answered the door? Was there a person?"

"Yeah. Why?"

Leo rubs his eyebrow, "Ugh... It's nothing... My company delivers my food to me, I just hope they weren't too confused about you being here. I've never had someone stay over."

Kenny thinks for a moment. He considered what Leo said. Did he just run into a JNPR agent? Was Leo in trouble now?

"Well, I'm sure it'll be okay. Let's eat." Leo grabs a couple of bowls from his cabinet.

"Right..." Kenny was becoming increasingly nervous.

-

Kenny lays awake at night thinking. "I hope JNPR doesn't do anything bad to him for letting me stay over... At least now I'm here with him. If anything happens I can protect him."

Kenny's phone buzzes.

Leo: Hey Mysterion. I have a guest over, you might not be able to swing by for a few days... If you want to meet just let me know and I can sneak out somewhere... I would like to see you again... Are you okay? Did you see the explosion?

Kenny smiles at his phone, he felt like a teenage girl getting a text from her crush.

Mysterion: Understood, I can stay away from your house for a bit. And yes. I am okay. The explosion was probably the professor so I'll have a lot to work on for the next few days.

Leo: Okay. Let me know if you need anything! Sweet dreams!

Mysterion: Good night.

Kenny sighs and runs his fingers through his hair. He was excited to be with Leo, but he wouldn't be able to act as openly as he would if he was Mysterion. He needed to be careful.

Kenny gets up to grab a glass of water and maybe look out at the city. He loved the view from Leo's house.

"What are you doing up so late?" Leo is sitting on the couch, cuddled in a blanket, looking at his phone.

"I was just getting water. What about you?"

"I just... I have a lot to think about."

"Like what?"

"My job is... stressful. I'm just thinking about recent projects."

"You should take a break, take some time for yourself to relax."

"Haha... I wish I could..."

"Can I come sit?"

"Sure." Leo scoots over, making room for Kenny to sit.