Chapter 33

"What is this thing?" Kenny looks at the small metal chip in his hand, it's covered in blood.

Leo uses his electricity to sew up his wound before responding. "I'm not sure. I know they have a remote control for it. Whenever they use it I pass out. Kinda sucks."

"Do you want me to try and analyze it or..."

"No, destroy it. JNPR can't control me anymore, I want to see it destroyed. It's like a symbol of my freedom. Right?"

Kenny smiles, "Right, I'll smash this thing."

Kenny gets up to go destroy the chip.

"Wait-" Leo stops him.

"What?"

"Uh... Thank you."

"Haha, you're welcome."

-

Kenny goes out and buys some things for dinner while Leo sleeps. Leo hadn't gotten decent sleep in a long time so he passed out pretty fast. When Kenny gets back home Leo is awake.

"Kenny! Where were you?" Leo rushes to Kenny.

"I just went to the store, I thought you were asleep."

"I was. But I woke up a few minutes ago, it's scary being alone..."

"I see... I'll lay with you in bed after dinner, maybe that will help you sleep."

Leo smiles, "We can snuggle..?"

"Of course."

"Then hurry and make dinner! I can't wait!"

"Calm down." Kenny ruffles Leo's hair

"Okay..."

Kenny could see that Leo was improving already, Leo was smiling again and he got his usually cheerful personality back.

-

Kenny and Leo eat dinner as soon as it gets off the stove. Leo practically gulps it down.

"Slow down, Leo. You're gonna choke."

"Sorry, I just haven't eaten a meal in so long. It's good!"

"I'm glad. But you still need to be careful."

Once they both finish Leo puts their bowls in the sink and drags Kenny to the bedroom. Leo throws Kenny down and then snuggles into him.

"Aggressive."

"I'm just excited."

"I am too..."

"You're excited to sleep too?"

"No, I'm excited for... other reasons. You practically threw me on the bed, that would make anyone excited..."

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing, just get some rest."

Leo rests his head on Kenny's chest and falls asleep within minutes. Kenny lays as still as he can, trying to make sure that Leo was as comfortable as possible.

-

"Nnmmm..." Leo slowly opens his eyes, he just woke up from the best sleep he ever had.

Kenny was still asleep under him, his breath was gentle. "Hmm..."

Leo leans over and presses his lips to Kenny's. He just sits and looks at him after he pulls away. "I still can't believe this is real... God... There's that weird feeling in my stomach again... Maybe I just need to drink water."

Leo stands up and stretches before going into the kitchen for a glass of water.

Kenny walks into the kitchen and hugs Leo from behind, "You're up early."

"Yeah."

"Did you not sleep well?" Kenny rests his chin on Leo's shoulder and sways back and forth.

"I actually don't think I've slept that well in my entire life... Having you there made me feel safe and that really helped me stay asleep."

"Then I guess you should sleep next to me every night from now on, right?"

"Can I really?"

"Yes."

"Kenny?"

"Yes, Leo?"

"Uhm... will you... will you be my boyfriend..?"