Chapter 11

Leo's face gets red, "You like me..?"

"Yeah, you're a good person. Funny too. You kind of remind me of someone I know."

Mysterion was referring to his little sister, he wouldn't tell Leo that though, since it was his biggest weakness.

"No one has ever told me that before."

"That you're a good person?"

"No, that they like me. No one has ever wanted to be around me much less try to care about me."

"I guess you can cross it off your bucket list."

Leo smiles, a big, happy smile, "Okay!"

Mysterion's heart skips a beat. 

"You said you had more questions right? I'd like to help you as much as I can..."

Mysterion puts his finished coffee mug back on the table. "Right, I want to know where headquarters are."

"...Okay... but do you promise you'll protect me if I get in trouble for telling you this..?"

"I promise."

Leo sighs, he knows Mysterion cant truly protect him from JNPR, but he was happy to hear him promise anyway.

"Okay... The tailor shop on 14th Street. In the employee break room, there is a small door that leads to the underground. Down there is a big maze of rooms, all of which belong to JNPR."

"Hiding in plain sight..."

"Yeah, they pay the owners of the tailor shop one million per year to keep quiet."

"Wow, that's a lot."

"Yep..."

Leo looks down at his hands holding his mug, he is shaking, he never thought he would betray JNPR. But here he was, telling his enemy all their secrets.

Mysterion grabs Leo's hand and pulls it up so that Leo looks at him, "Hey, it'll be okay, Leo. I promised I'd protect you remember?"

Leo nods.

"Good, thank you for telling me all of this, Leo. You are so much braver than you think you are. Seriously. It takes balls to go up against JNPR."

"Mysterion..." 

"Is there anything else I should know?"

"Yeah, one more thing. I might be able to sneak a peak at Professor Chaos's schedule, it could tell me where he will be and when, it might help you take him down."

"You would do that for me?"

"Yes, I've taken a liking to you as well, and I think I'm ready to risk everything."

"Leo, thank you..."

"Yeah. I can text it to you when I find anything out. Is that okay?"

Mysterion smiles and squeezes Leo's hand, which he had been holding since earlier. "Sounds perfect."

"Perfect..."

Leo and Mysterion stare at each other for a moment, not saying anything. A silent trust was building between them, and something more.

"I- uh, should probably get going then..."

"Wait!"

"Hmm?"

"Come back tonight. There's a mentor shower, take some time to relax, and watch the shower with me... Please? I could use a friend..."

Mysterion smiles again, a sadder smile. "Okay. I'll come back, see you later, Leo."

Mysterion disappears out the window, leaving Leo alone in his condo again.

Leo's face gets red. "I just asked Mysterion to come to my house... Late at night... and he said yes..."