Chapter 29

Mysterion races as fast as his feet can carry him to the fallen building. 

 "Oh, god... Leo... Please..." 

 He runs up and starts searching the rubble. He sees a blue sweater, the same one Leo wore when they watched the meteor shower."No... No... No not Leo... This isn't real..." 

 Mysterion falls to the ground and punches it, "DAMN IT!"He cries. "I promised him... I told him I would protect him... Leo..."

-

Leo is locked in a dark, metal room. In one corner there is a wooden bench that he is supposed to use as his bed. In the opposite corner, there are three sets of skeletons. His mother, his father, and the scientist he killed trying to escape the facility. This chamber was built to remind him of his loss of control, and how he killed these three people with his own power. Every two hours screams of one of the victims are played over the speakers in the room. Leo can't tell time or even think. The smell of decay clogged his senses. 

 Three times a day Leo would scream as loud as he could, trying to drown out the screams over the speakers. One piece of moldy bread and a small glass of dirty water were all he got to eat during the day. 

 Leo's boss walks in, looking down at the broken boy. 

"My child. You know you aren't meant to have personal relationships. Let this chamber be a reminder of what happens when you get too close to someone. Your little boyfriend will end up suffering, being tortured every day of his life if he chooses to stand beside you. I know you know that. So, are you ready to be a good lapdog again? We are the only ones you can truly trust, my boy."

"......" 

"Then a few more days should do the trick." The boss leaves, locking the big metal door behind him. 

 Leo has tried to use his power to escape, but the room being made of metal only made the bolts of electricity shoot back into his body, burning him. This was true hopelessness. He wanted to die, he wanted someone to kill him.

-

Leo is finally taken out of the chamber after 5 days. He thought up the only plan he could while in that state. A plan to die. He couldn't kill himself, it never worked with his power, but he knew someone who could kill him. 

Only one person. 

Mysterion.