Chapter 39

"My parents?"

"Yes. You could undo the wrongs of your past. But if you destroy this building our research will have been for nothing. Think, my child."

Leo scowls at him and shoots a bolt into his leg, making him fall over. "I'm done listening to you. Once someone is gone they are gone forever. Maybe with one exception. I don't need your evil medicines anymore. You end here and now."

Leo concentrates all of his energy on the pipe below him. Once it lights up he starts to run. He ignores the cries and yells from his boss. He zaps up the lift and onto the street. 

A big explosion happens and the ground under him rumbles. The ground above JNPR's headquarters caves in. It was over. JNPR was gone. 

"Leo!" Mysterion runs to him.

"You're back already?"

"Yeah! Just in time, right?"

Leo hugs Mysterion and cries.

"Leo? Are you okay?"

"I'm just so happy... We did it... We were amazing..."

"You were amazing, Leo."

They kiss for a moment. Then they hold hands. Looking at the rubble.

"Leo... I lov-"

Sirens surround them. A bunch of police officers run out and point their guns at Leo. They pull Mysterion aside. "Nice going Mysterion! You caught Chaos!"

"What? I didn't-"

Before he can protest Leo is pulled into a cop car. He doesn't resist. He knew it was coming.

"LEO!" Mysterion runs after a car but he can't keep up.

-

Leo finds himself back in a cold, dark room again. At least this time it wasn't designed to torture him.

"Chaos." A police officer talks to him through the bars.

"My name is Leo."

"Chaos, your trial will begin tomorrow. We plan to lock you away in a maximum-security prison. Your days of roaming around freely and destroying lives end now."

"Tomorrow? Isn't that a bit fast?"

"Not for Colorado's most wanted criminal."

"...I understand..." 

The guard leaves. Leo knew this was coming. He knew he would have to pay for his crimes in one way or another. He just wished he could've spent more time with Kenny. He wanted to live happily for a while, and Kenny was able to make him feel like he could. But reality hit him hard. He would probably never see Kenny again.

-

Leo is walked through a courtroom. People on both sides of the aisle gave him death stares.

The trial was long and dramatic, but the final verdict was the death penalty.

People cheered when they heard that Leo would be killed soon. Leo understood why.

-

Leo is escorted out to a car that would take him to his new home, a prison. The drive lasts hours, the jail was just on the Colorado border so there wasn't anything but desert around him.

The car stops. Leo peaks out the window to see what is going on. He can't see anything. "Excuse me? Why did we stop?"

"My god." The man driving the truck looked scared.

"What? What's happening?"

The door to the car is ripped off. Something with pure strength was just outside, and Leo couldn't see it, his only option was to sit and wait for something bad to happen.