Chapter 17

Kenny wants to call Leo but his phone died and with no power, he can't do anything to fix it so he gets into his normal clothes and goes outside.

There are a ton of people on the streets talking about the power outage and the explosion. They all have theories about what happened, most of which were wrong.

 Kenny uses a flashlight to see down the halls of Leo's condo complex. He knocks on Leo's door. It takes a while for Leo to answer.

The door opens "*sniff* Hello?" Leo's hair was messy and he looked like he hadn't slept.

"Hey, Leo. Are you okay? I came to check on you since the power for the whole town went out... You don't look so good..."

"Oh, hi Kenny... I'm just a little sick." Leo's voice was nasally and congested.

"Can I come in?"

"Sure..."

Kenny walks in as Leo slumps back over to his couch, which is surrounded by tissues.

"Jesus, you really are sick. When did this start?"

"Yesterday... I overworked myself."

"Bad timing with the power outage I guess."

"Yeah."

Leo's face was red and he looked like he was about to pass out. Kenny puts his hand on Leo's forehead. It almost burned.

"Oh, my god dude. You need to go to a hospital or something... Your temperature is insane..."

"No, it's okay. I've always gotten really high fevers. I just need to rest and take my medicine... Can you grab that by the way? It's on the counter." Leo weakly points to the kitchen.

"Sure. Do you want me to make you any food or anything like that?"

"Nah... I had a candy bar a few hours ago so I'm set on food..."

Kenny rolls his eyes and looks through Leo's cabinets. Theres some instant noodles that look like they've been sitting there for over a year. Kenny gets them out and starts heating up water with his lighter and a metal cup. Then he gets some medicine for Leo.

"Here, take the pills. I'm heating up some water so you can have ramen, it'll help with your congestion."

Leo opens his mouth and waits.

"You want me to feed these to you?"

Leo nods.

Kenny hesitates, then he slowly sets the pills in Leo's mouth. 

"Here, drink some water." Leo takes the cup and sips from it. Kenny realized that he was watching Leo very closely. He blushes and turns away, but he just couldn't keep his eyes off Leo, he was magnetic.

-

Leo has fallen asleep. Kenny fed him the ramen and put a cool rag on his forehead to cool him off, and just like that, he fell asleep.

Leo mutters things in his sleep. Nothing that Kenny could make out, just small random words here and there. Suddenly, Leo says something coherent and clear. "Please... I'm sorry..."

Kenny strokes Leo's head "You have lived a hard life, haven't you... Poor guy..."

"I'm sorry... I'm so so sorry... Please..." 

"Leo? It's okay, you're just dreaming, hey..." Kenny shakes Leo.

Leo shoots up, he looks around frantically with tears in his eyes.

"K-Kenny?"

"Are you okay? You were talking in your sleep."

"oh... just.. a bad dream..."

Kenny sits next to him and pulls his head into his chest. "You're okay, you're safe here. Try to relax."

Leo's body relaxes and he leans into Kenny, "Okay..."