Chapter 4

"Here, let me get you out of here..." Mysterion lifts the debris off of Leo's leg

"Mysterion... Why are you helping me?"

"Why wouldn't I? You're a citizen stuck in a dangerous situation. This is what I do."

That's when Leo realized that Mysterion didn't recognize him. It was time to pull out his acting skills.

"Thank you, I don't know what I would've done if you hadn't saved me..."

"Of course. But what were you doing here?"

"I got a letter in the mail. It said my parents were being held here, I came because it said if I didn't they would be electrocuted."

"I see, this was Professor Chaos..."

"That scary electricity guy? What would he want with me?"

"You were probably a decoy, sent to see if this was a trap. Smart bastard. Here, take my hand, once I get you out of this rubble I can fix up your leg."

Mysterion pulls Leo up, carrying him in his arms, "Wow, you're stronger than you look."

"Yeah, you'd be surprised."

Leo is set down on a large rock just outside the cider mill. 

"This might hurt, but I need to feel around and see if anything is broken." Mysterion drags his hand gently up Leo's leg.

"Hmm... Do you feel up every damsel you save?"

Mysterion laughs. Leo had never heard him laugh before, his laugh was childlike, comforting. 

"Guess this is why you're the good guy..."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, you're a knight in shining armor. No wonder everyone loves you so much."

He laughs again while he wraps a bandage around Leo's leg, "You're a funny guy. What's your name?"

"Leopold Stotch. You can call me Leo."

"Got it, Leo. What do you do for work?"

"I'm an accountant."

"Big bucks?"

"Yeah."

Silence floats around them, and Leo hates silence. "Do you want to come to my place for dinner? I want to thank you for saving me..."

Mysterion would usually say no to offers like this but he hadn't eaten all day, "Okay, sure. You probably need help getting back anyway. Climb on my back, I'll carry you."

"Okay..." Leo mounts his back and Mysterion starts running, making Leo scream. "Ah! Slow down!!"

"It's okay! I've got you! Just hold on!" He climbs up onto a roof, "Which way?"

Leo points towards the tallest condo building in the city.

"Really? That place is super expensive."

"Accountant, remember?"

"Right. Hold on tight."

He starts jumping from roof to roof of houses. Leo feels like he is flying. He hasn't felt this light since he was captured all those years ago. "Hahahaha!! This is fun!!" Leo giggles as he is carried through the sky.