Chapter 18

When Leo wakes up he is in his bed, he felt so much better than he had the day before. He was confused, he never recovered this fast. "Is it because that Kenny guy took care of me? I didn't get to thank him... Again..."

The lights in his room flicker as the power comes back on. "That was pretty fast..."

Leo eats lunch at looks at his phone, there are a few headlines. 

<Mysterion contains electrical explosions, bringing back power and saving lives>

<Villian Professor Chaos causes city-wide power outages>

<Mysterion vs Chaos, lifelong rivalry?>

"Guess the two of us are big topics right now. Is he okay? That explosion probably hurt." 

Leo considers texting Mysterion because it's been so long. He also wanted to make sure he is okay. Ultimately he decides against it, he feels too embarrassed to text him without a good reason.

Leo makes breakfast for himself and eats it on his couch. He liked to cross his legs when he ate and the couch was the only place that felt comfortable. He drinks his milk and eats his waffles in silence. 

"I hope Mysterion is okay..."

"I think I'm just fine"

Leo jumps up, almost spilling what was left of his milk. "Mysterion!!" He runs over and jumps on him for a hug.

Mysterion chuckles and hugs him back. "Hey, Leo."

"You're okay! I was so worried! We hadn't talked for a while so I didn't know if you were still safe or anything like that..."

Leo hugs Mysterion tighter, then he realizes what he is doing. "Ah!" He jumps back, stumbling onto the couch. "I didn't mean to jump on you like that! I swear my body just kinda did it!"

"It's okay, Leo. It was nice."

"W-what are you doing here?"

"I actually came to check on you. I'm thrilled that I'm not the only one who was worried."

"Really?"

"Mhm!"

"Oh, Mysterion... That's so sweet..."

"Uhm... I uhm..." Mysterion blushes slightly and scratches the back of his head.

"Sorry, did I say that weird?"

"No! I just didn't know how to respond is all."

"Oh, okay."

"So, how have you been lately?"

"Alright. I had a cold just yesterday but I feel better now. Someone I met recently helped take care of me. I still need to thank him but I don't have his phone number."

"I'm glad he got you feeling better."

"Yeah, I wish you had come instead though... I feel a lot more comfortable when you're around."

Mysterion laughs. Knowing that Leo is talking about Kenny to Mysterion was funny to him.

"What? Did I say something funny?"

"No, just thought your comment was cute."

"Cute..?"

"Yeah."

"Wow..."

"Do you not like being called cute?"

"I don't mind! I just... no one has ever said that to me before... It actually feels kinda nice..."

"Did you receive any affection when you were little?"

"No, not really... my parents didn't really know how to take care of me."

"How are they? Your parents I mean."

Leo forgot that he lied to Mysterion about his parents still being alive. "They uh, they're good. Just living it up at the retirement home I guess."

"Do you miss them?"

"Sometimes..."

"Well, at least they're safe from people like Professor Chaos in there. Stay positive."

Leo starts to cry, what Mysterion said reminded him deeply of the fact that he ended his own parents' lives. 

"Leo? Hey... What's wrong??"