Chapter 14

Kenny's phone rings at midnight, he rubs his forehead and answers, "Hello..?"

"Mysterion! It's Leo. I have info on the professor's next mission. When can you meet?"

"Ah, I have a busy schedule for the next few days, can I come over on Friday?"

"No, the attack happens in 3 days."

"Attack?"

"Yeah, it's a big deal..."

"I'll be there in half an hour, wait for me."

He hangs up and gets into his hero uniform. Going to a boy's house this late at night bothered him, even though he knew it shouldn't have.

-

"Leo? I'm here." Mysterion leaps down into Leo's living room. Leo is drinking milk again.

"Okay, It's late so I'll make it quick."

Mysterion nods and sits on the couch across from Leo, "I'm listening."

"Okay, three days from now at midnight he will be at the power grid."

"The power grid? What would JNPR want with the power grid?"

"I don't know, but I heard something big is going down, you should check it out."

Leo wanted to tell him more but it would've been suspicious if he knew too much. Mysterion would just have to learn for himself.

"Is that all you know?"

"Yeah... Sorry, it's not much..."

Mysterion gets up and pats Leo on the head, "No, it's okay. That is plenty. Thank you."

Mysterion starts walking towards the balcony but is stopped when Leo grabs his cape.

"Is there something else, Leo?"

"N-no... Sorry just..." He lets go of Mysterion's cape. He wanted to ask him to stay here, to hang out with him, or stay for the rest of the night. He couldn't do that though. He knew he couldn't wish for friendship from Mysterion.

"Just, come back safe... Okay?"

Mysterion smiles, "I always do."

With that, he disappears.

-

The next day Leo decides to take a walk in the park, partly to see the damage he caused, and partly because he wants to get his mind off the upcoming mission. He walks down the green lawn, most of the rubble and burnt wood are put in a large pile, someone had been working hard to clear the park after what happened.

A boy with dirty blonde hair is raking burnt leaves, he looked about Leo's age.

"Oh, it's that kid... I forget his name..." Leo approaches.

The boy looks up at the sky and wipes a drop of sweat from his forehead.

"Excuse me?"

Kenny turns, he is shocked for some reason to see Leo outside of his condo. "Hey... Leo, right?"

"Yeah, and you were..."

"Kenny."

"Right! What are you doing here, Kenny?"

"Well..." He gestures to the messed up park, "Just fixing things up. It's my job."

"I thought you worked at that fast food place."

"I do that too. I work 3 jobs, fast food, city cleaning, and special services."

"S-special services? Like... A male escort?"

Kenny laughs, "No, it's almost like modern-day mercenary work, just odd jobs every now and then."

"Oh..." Leo blushes.

A smirk takes over Kenny's face, "Are you disappointed that I'm not an escort?"

"No! I'm just embarrassed that I asked that..."

Kenny felt butterflies fill his stomach, "It's okay, partly my fault for saying it the way I did."

"Hey... Are you gonna be here doing this all day?"

"Pretty much, why?"

"Can I hang out here with you? I could help..."

"I couldn't possibly ask you to do my work..."

"No, I mean, I have a lot on my mind, it would be nice to keep myself busy..."

"Okay then. Grab a rake from that truck over there and start helping me rake."