Chapter 28

When night arrives Leo gets into his Chaos uniform. Kenny still hadn't returned home but he just assumed he would be back soon.

Chaos gets to the abandoned factory, it's just as dark as it always had been. His phone buzzes.

Mysterion: Are you inside?

Leo: Safe and sound. 

Mysterion: Good, I'll see you once this is all over.

Leo: Okay :)

He feels bad for lying to Mysterion but it was for the best. He shuts off his phone and walks around the factory. He was a bit early so he thought he would check to make sure no one was around. He didn't want to hurt anyone that he didn't have to.

Finally, he gets a message on his watch, it was time. He walks to the roof of the factory and sends out as much lightning as he can into the sky to signal that he was there. This always worked to draw out the police, it was like a warning.

"Chaos!"

"Mysterion~ It's been a while, hasn't it? Here before the police this time I see."

"What are you trying to pull here? Tell me your plans."

"You know I love talking to you! We aren't doing anything too big, just teaching someone a lesson."

"What do you mean?"

"One of my lovely colleagues has broken our rules. We just want to make an example out of them, show everyone what happens when you mess with JNPR."

"What are you going to do?"

"Aww, you know I can't tell you that."

Mysterion was fuming. Chaos was doing everything he could to not show just how sorry he felt. He needed to keep his act up, JNPR was definitely watching. If he messed this up he could be sent back to the chamber. A fate worse than death.

Mysterion leaps forward and pins Chaos to the floor, both of his hands on Chaos's neck. "SPEAK!"

"Ugh..."

"NOW!"

"I can't- Talk- wh-"

Mysterion loosens his grip.

Chaos coughs a bit. "Jesus man, be more gentle with me, you know I'm a fragile little guy."

"Shut the fuck up. If you don't tell me what you're doing I'll snap your neck."

Chaos smiles, "You're a cute one."

Chaos zaps away from Mysterion.

"Why won't you just tell me?!"

"Why would I?"

Mysterion runs up to him and punches him in the face, knocking him to the ground. He gets up and smiles. "You show affection in the weirdest ways."

"Chaos I'm serious! People could seriously get hurt if you don't-"

BOOM

A loud explosion can be heard from the city. Mysterion turns around. "Fuck! Where was-"

His eyes go wide and the blood drains from his face. Chaos steps closer to see what Mysterion was looking at.

A tall building was falling in slow motion, toppling in a puff of dust and smoke. It was Leo's condo complex.

"What..?" Chaos looks out at the mess.

Mysterion stumbles forward, "Leo... Oh god..."

"Mysterion wait!"

"NO! DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU JUST DID!? DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE YOU JUST KILLED?"

Mysterion runs away.

Chaos falls to his knees. "It was me. I was the one they made an example of. They made me cause a diversion for my own punishment."

"Well done my child!" Chaos's boss approaches him from the shadows.

"So many people..."

"We keep a close servalince on you, did you think we wouldn't notice your new boyfriend at your house?"

"Why..."

"Come, child. It's time for the chamber. You need to learn from your mistakes."

"NO! PLEASE! ANYTHING BUT THAT! I CANT DO THAT AGAIN!"

"Hush. Guards, grab him."

"NO!! NO!!!!" Chaos starts sparking off electricity all around him in his efforts to resist.

A man in a suit pulls out a small remote and presses a button on it, causing Chaos to shake and fall to the ground. "No..."