Chapter 6

Mysterion looks into Leo's eyes, he was being genuine. This wasn't an act. "Is it really that bad?"

Leo nods, "What do you expect from an organization that knows exactly how evil they are..."

"I'm sorry, it must be hard."

"That's why I'm glad I met you, I can help you. I know some secrets that may help you."

"How do I know I can trust you? JNPR is all about fakeouts, you could be a fake."

"Ask me anything, I'll tell you exactly what I know. Even super secret info."

"Okay, who is Professor Chaos?"

"No one in the organization knows his identity except for the boss. I can tell you things about him though. I hear a lot of gossip in JNPR."

"Then... Why is he working for them? What's his motive?"

Leo stands up and starts getting a glass of water as he talks, Mysterion's eyes follow him. Mysterion can't trust him for obvious reasons.

"Some people say he just loves chaos, that he truly just wants to see the world suffer. But do you wanna know what I think?"

"Go on."

"I think he is just as scared as the rest of us. He is just another pawn in JNPR's game. He can't escape the same way I can't."

"That would make sense if he was a normal person. But he has power, really strong power. He could leave whenever he wanted to. I've met him, that guy doesn't care about other people at all. He is cynical."

"You don't even want to give him the benefit of the doubt?"

"No, not him." Mysterion looks angry.

Leo feels a pain in his chest. Mysterion was maybe the only person who could get him out of the situation he was in, and he hated him. His hope was draining.

"That's fair. I don't like him either."

"Do you know anything about him that could help me get into his head? Any weaknesses? To help me find out who he is? It would be a big help, any details you have."

"Hm... Weakness... I hear he likes cute little mice." Leo smiles.

"Hah... cute but that won't help..."

Leo sits down with his water and takes a few tiny sips.

Mysterion stands up, "This was fun but I need to get going."

"Wait... Uhm... Here take my phone number. Call me sometime. I really do want to help you. I know things unrelated to the Professor, you know."

"Chaos is the key to taking them down, but I will think about it. Stay safe, Leo."

Mysterion disappears out the window.

Leo sits back on his bed, leaving the glass of water on the table. "I'm hopeless. That's all I've proven."

He turns on his side and begins to think. "Doing things for people that they can't do for themselves... Interesting..."