Chapter 3

Kenny wakes up in his bed with a loud gasp. He feels his leg, it's still in one piece. He takes a deep breath and gets out of bed to get ready for work.

Before heading out he writes a couple of things on his whiteboard. Just a few things Chaos said that may lead to future clues.

Kenny's phone rings. "Hello?"

"Hello, Mysterion."

"Mayor? How may I help you?"

"We have reports that there may be a spy in our workings. We sent out false info to our workers about the making of a weapon factory in the old cider mill. Would you be able to go stand watch overnight for a week or two? If anyone comes then we can confirm there is a spy."

"Sure, I can do that."

"Thank you, we would send a regular bodyguard but..."

"I understand, if Chaos appears it will be unsafe, I will keep an eye on the mill."

"Thank you. We are counting on you."

Kenny hangs up the phone and scratches his head, "Guess I know what my plans are for the next few nights."

-

During the next three days, Leo prepares to take down the cider mill. He hatches out his plan and his escape route.

Leo wasn't planning to escape through. He only mapped it out because that's just part of his process. Leo was done. He was tired. He couldn't keep living in fear. The thought of returning to the chamber again seemed like a fate worse than death. So he chose death.

Leo puts his ordinary clothes on and leaves. He was planning to go down with the building, alone, as he had always been. This would be his last mission. He wouldn't do it as Professor Chaos.

-

Leo walks into the abandoned mill. It's dusty. "Are there really weapons here? I guess the info was wrong. I still need to take this place down though..."

He looks around and finds all the beams he saw on the blueprint. "If I take all three of these down simultaneously, the building should collapse. Here goes."

He stands in the middle of the room and closes his eyes to focus his power.

Bolts of electricity shoot from his arms and crack open the beams. The building starts to fall apart around Leo. He sits down and waits for debris to crush him.

-

"Shit, I'm late... That shift lasted way longer than it should have, I need to get to the cider mill." Kenny runs home and throws on his costume before walking to the mill.

*BOOM*

A loud crash is heard in the distance. "Shit... That's the direction of the cider mill..." He breaks into a sprint.

Leo opens his eyes, he is still alive. His suicide attempts never worked, the best he got was his leg trapped under some debris. Now he is not only still alive but trapped too. "Fantastic..."

Leo starts to cry, "Why... Why do I have to live like this... There's no reason to keep going so why is god keeping me alive? God damn it.."

"HEY! ARE YOU OKAY IN THERE?" Mysterion calls through the dust. 

"Oh, Mysterion."

"Are you there? I heard crying. Is someone stuck in there?"

Leo cries harder, now he has been caught. Nothing was going as planned.

Mysterion finds Leo, "Shit, your leg!"