Chapter 10

Leo smiles down at his phone, "He really is going to come... Why does that make me so happy?"

He looks around his house. He has been living alone for over a decade, he needed to clean.

-

At 11 am Mysterion arrives at Leo's condo. He slips inside and closes the glass door.

"Leo?" He looks around, but Leo isn't in sight.

"Did you leave? You said you would be here..."

Mysterion peaks into Leo's room, Leo is asleep in his bed, cuddling a large pillow. 

"Hah... You look so peaceful." He sits on a chair in Leo's room.

"Nnmmm..."

"Are you awake?"

Leo jumps up, "Ah! Mysterion! What time is it?!"

"11 am."

"Shit, sorry, I didn't mean to sleep in..."

"It's okay. I just got here."

"Okay! Uhm! Let me make your coffee, how do you like it?" Leo stands up and walks to his bedroom door. He pauses before leaving, waiting for Mysterion to answer his question.

"Mysterion?"

Mysterion has turned his head to the side, he is covering his mouth with his fist.

"What? What's wrong?"

"Uh, could you put some clothes on first..?"

Leo looks down at his mostly naked body. He is only wearing a small pair of boxers, "Ah!" He runs out of the room, his face flushed red.

"Haha, what a dork." Mysterion smiles.

-

Leo gets changed and makes two cups of coffee. Mysterion takes one sip and his eyes go wide. "Damn... This is good... What is it?"

Leo smiles at him, "I'm glad you like it! It's a Columbian blend. I use a special cooking technique to prepare it, so it has a bit of a sharper taste."

"What technique?"

"Secret~"

"Haha, okay."

"So, Mysterion. What did you want to know?"

"Well, a few things. What is JNPR bringing in so much money from? You said you have to launder it."

"They like to do experiments. I'm sure you have heard of the human and animal experimentation they do. People pay top dollar for what they produce. That's the main source of income, but they also do mafia-type stuff, kidnappings, killings, robbery, etc."

"I see... Who do they do these experiments on, and how long has it been happening?"

"Just anyone they can get their hands on. I don't know how long they have been doing it, but it's been at least 15 years. Professor Chaos has his power because of experiments. That's why JNPR can control him so well, they made him so they know exactly what can destroy him. Mentally and physically. They know the exact weakness of every employee, just in case they step out of line. That's why punishment from JNPR is so horrible. It's personalized."

"Can I ask what your punishment is? Maybe I can do something to stop it, then you can get away from JNPR."

Leo shakes his head, "There's nothing you can do."

"Well, you cant be sure of that, what if I-"

"No, Mysterion. It's not that easy. This is one thing I cannot tell you. It's too harmful to me. Maybe someday, but it's still fresh in my memory right now. I wouldn't be able to get it out coherently."

"Okay, I can wait then. But I do plan on getting you out of JNPR."

"Why?"

"I guess I've taken a liking to you."