Chapter 12

Leo took a long hot shower. He often smelled like burnt coal from all the raw energy that surrounded him. He wanted to make sure that Mysterion didn't suspect anything.

Leo sits on his couch with a towel draped lazily over his head. He has a bottle of cold milk. He got a lot of hate for it from his parents when he was a kid, but milk was his favorite drink.

"Leo?"

Leo happily turns to the window. "Mysterion! Hello!"

Mysterion casually walks over to Leo and sits next to him on the couch. He felt a little bit awkward. His heart was racing.

"Did you just get out of the shower?" Mysterion looks Leo up and down, his shirt had some wet spots from where his hair dripped down.

"Yeah, I always shower at night."

"Shouldn't you shower in the morning?"

"Well, I usually don't wake up until noon so I don't have mornings."

"What about your job? Do you not have to wake up early for it?"

"No, I work nights mostly, unless my boss says otherwise, he prefers I work at night. Fewer witnesses."

"Who would be a witness in your home?"

"Well, I still have to collect the documents from HQ. I actually don't like walking around at night very much, but it's definitely easier to get around."

"I see. I work nights because that's just when Chaos is usually out. Must be a normal thing for JNPR employees."

"Yeah... I actually was wondering something. Why do you hate Chaos so much? I mean all of us do, but you especially don't like the guy. Did he do something to hurt you?"

"Haha, despite him actually killing me enough times that I lost count?"

"I guess that would be enough to hate someone."

"It's mainly the fact that he chooses to do things that hurt people. I seriously think he could just run from JNPR, if anyone could do it, he could. But he doesn't, I think he chooses to stay because he enjoys the destruction."

"Is that so..." Leo felt sad, Mysterion really hated him. Would Mysterion still like Leo if he found out he was the Professor? He wasn't going to risk it.

"Milk?"

Leo looks down at his bottle, "Oh, yeah. I really like milk, it's my favorite."

"I don't think I've ever met someone whose favorite drink was plain milk..."

"Does it make you upset?"

"No? It's just a beverage..."

"It's getting warm, give me a second to finish this before we talk more..."

"Okay."

Mysterion was happy that they were able to talk so casually like this, he was worried that the awkward feeling in his stomach would bother him all night, but he felt relaxed now.

Leo takes a deep breath and starts to chug the milk, a small drop slowly starts sliding down his chin, then his neck.

Mysterion notices the drop, he doesn't want it to get Leo's shirt dirty, but he wouldn't be able to say anything before it reached his shirt. So he quickly reached out and wiped it up with his hand.

"Mm?" Leo puts the finished bottle down.

Mysterion's gloved hand slowly slides up his neck and chin. The hand reaches his lips. Mysterion's thumb lightly traces Leo's lower lip, stopping in the middle, lingering.

"M-Mysterion..?" Leo looks at Mysterion with half-closed eyes.

Mysterion sees this look and realized what he was doing. He quickly pulls away. "Ah- I was just catching a drop of milk that was um... It was falling down your neck while you were drinking- I wasn't trying to- I didn't mean-"

"Haha, chill out. It's okay. Thank you." Leo smiles at Mysterion.

Mysterion slowly nods as they stare at each other.