Chapter 37

Kenny gets out a red marker and hands it to Leo. "Can you mark what spots have anything that could aid us in destroying it? Like gas pipes or support beams?"

"Yeah, I can try..." Leo circles a few spots on the map, but none of them are close to each other.

"This could be difficult to take down in one go..."

"We just need to find a way to create a domino effect between the circles. If we can get blueprints of the city's pipe system we might be able to figure it out that way. My electricity travels well through pipes."

"Genius! I can talk to the mayor and see if she can get us any help there."

"Cool, until then we need to figure out an escape route, we don't wanna be in there when it goes down."

"Well, you need to get out for sure. I would like to get out but it's not required. If we need to I can just die in there and respawn in the morning."

"Okay, let's see what we can do here..."

They talk for a few hours about guard placements and escape routes. Leo was great at finding escape routes, it was one of his specialties.

-

Kenny yawns and stretches. "Man, what a long day, we have been sitting for so long..."

Leo lies down on his back. "Yeah, my spine is killing me."

"I'm gonna visit the mayor before she goes home for the night to see if she can get us any blueprints. Do you need anything from the outside?"

"Uh... could you get milk?"

"Milk? You want me to get milk?"

"Never mind it's okay."

"I'll get it, I just think it's funny to get milk as Mysterion."

Kenny gives Leo a quick kiss before leaving.

-

When Kenny gets back with the milk and blueprints Leo is asleep on the couch. Kenny takes off his mask and crouches down beside him. "You always fall asleep when I'm gone. Do you get bored?"

Kenny sets the blueprints on the table and faintly traces the JNPR map over them so that he could see where the pipes were inside the building.

"Woah."

Leo slowly sits up, "Kenny, you're back. How'd it go?"

"Good, I got the blueprints. Come look at this."

Leo sits next to Kenny and looks at the map. A bunch of pipes line the map in random patterns, but one sticks out.

"Oh my god."

"I know, right? This one goes directly from each of the red circles you drew. If you can hit this right in the center we can bring the entire place down in seconds."

"How do we get to it? It's in the center of the guards sleeping quarters."

"We're gonna have to fight to get to it. I know you can wipe a crowd out pretty fast. You take out everyone in the room and get to the center and I can cover you while you get through the floor to the pipe."

"Okay... Then how do we escape?"

"I'll bet we have 30 seconds for the lightning to conduct through the pipes. If we map out or escape properly we could both get out before the collapse."